BC Place is the home venue for the Vancouver Whitecaps soccer team and BC Lions Canadian football team. It also hosts concerts and other major events.
If you like professional sports, then this is one of Vancouver’s best places to visit at game time.
PLAYDOME IS COMING TO BC PLACE!
Playdome is an indoor carnival midway attraction that takes place at the stadium from March 20th until the 28th in 2020 (so during the Spring Break school holidays). It’s a terrific event for children and youth and highly recommended.
BC Place Stadium
BC Place Stadium is located in downtown Vancouver at 777 Pacific Boulevard. It can be accessed from Pacific Boulevard, but also from Beatty Street near Georgia and Robson.
Built for the Expo 86 world’s fair, used for the 2010 Olympics (including its opening ceremonies) and then significantly renovated just a few years ago, BC Place is an impressive building with a capacity of about 54,500 people.
It has a retractable roof, which makes it nice on warm sunny days, and is home to the BC Sports Hall of Fame and Museum, which is of interest to sports enthusiasts and costs about $15 for adults and $40 for a family of four. A couple of years ago BC Place Stadium hosted the FIFA Women’s World Cup Soccer Tournament.
- BC Lions Football – Vancouver’s CFL football team plays home games at BC Place from June until November.
- Vancouver Whitecaps – Vancouver’s premier professional soccer team schedule runs from spring until fall.
BC Place Event Schedule
Many of Vancouver’s biggest and most impressive events take place at BC Place Stadium. Here is a list of upcoming events.
- February 19 to 23 – BC Home and Garden Show is an annual trade show.
- February 29 – the Vancouver Whitecaps take on Sporting Kansas City at 7:30 pm.
- March 7 and 8 – 2020 HSBC Canada Rugby Sevens is a two-day event with rugby sevens games and more entertainment.
- March 14 – the Vancouver Whitecaps play the Colorado Rapids at 4 pm.
- March 20 to 28 – Playdome, the biggest indoor carnival in Canada, is on for spring break 2020.
- April 4 – Vancouver Whitecaps FC play against Real Salt Lake at 7 pm.
- April 11 – Los Angeles FC comes to play the Vancouver Whitecaps in BC Place at 7 pm.
- April 14 – the Canadian Women’s National team plays against Australia at 7:30 pm.
- May 12 – The Rolling Stones perform on their “No Filter” tour at 8 pm.
- May 14 – the Vancouver Whitecaps play the Nashville Soccer Club at 4:30 pm.
- May 23 – FC Dallas comes to BC Place to play against the Vancouver Whitecaps at 1 pm.
- June 5 – the BC Lions play the Calgary Stampeders at 7 pm.
- June 6 – the Vancouver Whitecaps play the Montreal Impact at 7 pm.
- June 27 – BC Lions play against the Edmonton Eskimos at 4 pm.
For more information on events and performances at the stadium click BC Place.