The White Rock Farmers Market is one of Metro Vancouver’s largest markets and it takes place on Sundays in White Rock from May until October.
Sunday Markets in White Rock
The White Rock Farmers Market takes place in late spring, summer and early fall in downtown White Rock at Miramar Plaza at 15154 Russell Avenue.
It’s a large market and its vendors sell everything from fresh produce to soaps, homemade preserves, dried legumes, pasta, honey and clothing.
The White Rock Farmers Market runs on Sundays from the beginning of May until late October. It’s open each time from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm.
In 2021, the first market was on Sunday, May 2nd, and the last day of the season was October 24th.
The first day of the 2022 season was April 24th, and the last day was October 16th.
The exact dates for the 2023 season are still to be confirmed.
Similar to many other Lower Mainland farmers markets, the White Rock venue usually features live music at each of its events.
The 2020 market did not feature live entertainment due to COVID-19. Live music was cancelled for the 2021 season as well. To give you an idea of what to expect at future markets, the groups that performed in 2019 are listed below.
- May 5th, 2019 – Speak Easy Trio
- May 12th, 2019 – Theda Phoenix
- May 19th, 2019 – Arianna Loudegouski
- May 26th, 2019 – Jana Seale
- June 2nd, 2019 – Meghan Siems
- June 9th, 2019 – Marty Franklin & Steve Johnson
- June 16th, 2019 – Home from Home
- June 23rd, 2019 – Cameron and Logan
- June 30th, 2019 – Blue Minstral
- July 7th, 2019 – Barry Wilson
- July 14th, 2019 – Irish Fiddle Orchestra
- July 21st, 2019 – Delaney Rose
- July 28th, 2019 – Adaptable One
- August 4th, 2019 – Dennis Peterson
- August 11th, 2019 – Token Rhyme
- August 18th, 2019 – Carl Katz
- August 25th, 2019 – Buskers
- September 1st, 2019 – Buskers
- September 8th, 2019 – Jamie Fear
- September 15th, 2019 – Trio Time
- September 22nd, 2019 – Marty Franklin & Steve Johnson
- September 29th, 2019 – The Tree Huggers
Tips and Advice
Below are a couple of tips to help you make the most of your visit to the market.
TIP #1: White Rock with its beautiful sandy beach is a fabulous place to visit in the warmer months. If you happen to be there on a Sunday, then definitely drop by the market to browse and pick up your picnic fixings!
TIP #2: If combining your visit to the market with a trip to the beach, try to time your travels with low tide. The beach at White Rock is especially spectacular when the tide is out and the sand stretches for what seems like miles. See Tide Forecasts for information.
White Rock Winter Market
In addition to the regular summer market, White Rock used to have a winter market at a different venue. From November until the middle of December it took place on Sundays from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm at the Elks Hall at 1469 George Street.
The winter market wasn’t as large as the summer market, but still a fairly good one for the season.
As of 2017, White Rock’s Winter Market is no longer taking place. Whether that’s a permanent decision, or just temporary, remains to be seen.
To learn more about the event visit the White Rock Farmers Market website.
For ideas on other things to do in the area, click White Rock.
For a list of other markets in the Lower Mainland, see Vancouver Farmers Markets.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver on a Budget
- Places to Shop in the Lower Mainland
- Saturday Farmers Markets
- Sunday Farmers Markets
- Vancouver Summer Activities
- Vancouver’s Best Beaches