The White Rock Farmers Market is one of Metro Vancouver’s largest markets and it takes place on Sundays in White Rock from May until October.
In 2021 the market runs from May 2nd until October 24th. At least initially, unlike in normal years, there is no live music.
Sunday Markets in White Rock
The White Rock Farmers Market takes place in late spring, summer and early fall in downtown White Rock at Miramar Plaza at 15154 Russell Avenue.
It’s a large market and its vendors sell everything from fresh produce to soaps, homemade preserves, dried legumes, pasta, honey and clothing.
The White Rock Farmers Market runs on Sundays from the beginning of May until late October. It’s open each time from 10 am until 2 pm.
In 2021, the first market is on Sunday, May 2nd. All things going according the plan, the last day of the season is October 24th.
Similar to many other Lower Mainland farmers markets, the White Rock venue usually features live music at each of its events.
The 2020 market did not feature live entertainment due to COVID-19. Live music is cancelled for the 2021 season as well. To give you an idea of what to expect at future markets the groups that performed in 2019 are listed below.
- May 5, 2019 – Speak Easy Trio
- May 12, 2019 – Theda Phoenix
- May 19, 2019 – Arianna Loudegouski
- May 26, 2019 – Jana Seale
- June 2, 2019 – Meghan Siems
- June 9, 2019 – Marty Franklin & Steve Johnson
- June 16, 2019 – Home from Home
- June 23, 2019 – Cameron and Logan
- June 30, 2019 – Blue Minstral
- July 7, 2019 – Barry Wilson
- July 14, 2019 – Irish Fiddle Orchestra
- July 21, 2019 – Delaney Rose
- July 28, 2019 – Adaptable One
- August 4, 2019 – Dennis Peterson
- August 11, 2019 – Token Rhyme
- August 18, 2019 – Carl Katz
- August 25, 2019 – Buskers
- September 1, 2019 – Buskers
- September 8, 2019 – Jamie Fear
- September 15, 2019 – Trio Time
- September 22, 2019 – Marty Franklin & Steve Johnson
- September 29, 2019 – The Tree Huggers
Tips and Advice
Below are a couple of tips to help you make the most out of your visit to the market.
TIP #1: White Rock with its beautiful sandy beach is a fabulous place to visit in the warmer months. If you happen to be there on a Sunday, then definitely drop by the market to browse and pick up your picnic fixings!
TIP #2: If combining your visit to the market with a trip to the beach, try to time your travels with low tide. The beach at White Rock is especially spectacular when the tide is out and the sand stretches for what seems like miles. See Tide Forecasts for information.
White Rock Winter Market
In addition to the regular summer market, White Rock used to have a winter market at a different venue. From November until the middle of December it took place on Sundays from 9 am until 1 pm at the Elks Hall at 1469 George Street.
The winter market wasn’t as large as the summer market, but still a fairly good one for the season.
As of 2017, White Rock’s Winter Market is no longer taking place. Whether that’s a permanent decision, or just temporary, remains to be seen.
To learn more about the event visit the White Rock Farmers Market website.
For ideas on other things to do in the area, click White Rock.
For a list of other markets in the Lower Mainland, see Vancouver Farmers Markets.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver on a Budget
- Places to Shop in the Lower Mainland
- Saturday Farmers Markets
- Sunday Farmers Markets
- Vancouver Summer Activities
- Vancouver’s Best Beaches