Playland and Bard on the Beach are two iconic summer activities in Vancouver. In June 2023, you can win four tickets to one or the other attraction!
Click HERE to sign up for our e-Newsletter.
Playland features a midway and amusement rides at the PNE fairgrounds from June 3rd until August 18th in 2023. Bard on the Beach, meanwhile, features Shakespearean theatre between June 8th and September 30th in 2023. Which do you want to win tickets to? Are you an amusement rides kind of person? Or are you a fan of Shakespeare?
In 2023, between 8:00 pm on Monday, June 5th, and 2:00 pm on Friday, June 16th, you have a chance to win four tickets to either Playland or Bard on the Beach.
There are a few different ways to enter the contest. You can enter by signing up for Vancouver’s Best Places’ e-Newsletter. You can also earn chances to win by following us on Instagram or Facebook. If you already subscribe to our e-newsletter, or already follow us on those two social media channels, you can enter to win in other ways instead (i.e., by sharing, liking or commenting on our social media posts about the contest, or by replying to our e-newsletter in an e-mail).
To learn about the shows, see our articles about Playland at the PNE or the Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival. For full details about the contest, including the specifics on how to enter, continue reading.
Win Tickets to Playland or Bard on the Beach
On Friday, June 16th, Vancouver’s Best Places will do a random draw where one lucky person will win either four (4) tickets to Playland OR four (4) tickets to see a play of their choice at Bard on the Beach. The winner can choose which of the two prizes they want!
The four Playland tickets are worth up to $200! Thrill Pass tickets for Playland cost $50 at the gate, or $45 if purchased online in advance. You can also buy Fun Passes for $38 at the gate which give you access to just the tamer rides. Thrill Passes give you access to all of the regular rides, including the Wooden Roller Coaster, Atmosfear, Helevator and other serious rides. If you win, you’ll get a promo code voucher you can use to buy the four tickets of your choice (subject to availability).
Four tickets to Bard on the Beach, meanwhile, start at $30 each. The tickets to Bard can be used for any regular show up until July 15th, 2023. Plays up until that date include Julius Caesar, Henry V, and a version of As You Like It that features music from the Beatles.
Playland & Bard Giveaway Rules and Details
Vancouver’s Best Places is giving away one (1) package of four (4) tickets to either Playland or Bard on the Beach. The winner can choose which prize they want for the date of their choosing (where some restrictions apply). Travel and other expenses are not included.
To enter the giveaway contest you need to do at least one of the three things listed below. If you do one thing from the list, your name will be entered into the draw once. If you do two things, your name will be entered into the draw twice. And if you do three things your name will be entered three times. The more you do, the higher your odds are of winning (with a maximum number of three chances).
Here are the three main ways you can win:
- Sign up for our e-Newsletter (in the sidebar of our website when viewed on desktop devices or near the bottom of the page when viewed on mobile devices).
- Follow us on Instagram @vansbestplaces.
- Follow us on Facebook @vancouversbestplaces.
To earn a chance to win the contest, you need to be a new subscriber to our e-newsletter and/or new follower on Instagram and/or Facebook. If you already follow us, or subscribe to our e-newsletter, however, we still want to give you a chance to win, but by doing something different. If you already subscribe or follow Vancouver’s Best Places, you can earn your chances to win by doing any of the following:
- Reply to one of our e-Newsletter e-mails, and in the e-mail simply ask us to enter you into the contest. (Or, if already a newsletter subscriber, you can just send us an e-mail at info (at) vancouversbestplaces.com.)
- Find our Instagram post about the Playland and Bard Giveaway Contest, and like it or add a comment (but only nice or friendly comments, not negative or inappropriate ones). (Note: We might have more than one post where we mention the contest. You just have to like or comment on one of them, but it has to be a post about this particular contest, not just any of our posts.)
- Find our Facebook post about the Playland and Bard Giveaway Contest, and either like it, share it or add a comment (but only nice or friendly comments, not negative or inappropriate ones). (Note: We might have more than one post where we mention the contest. You just have to like, share or comment on one of them, but it has to be a Facebook post about this particular contest.)
As you’ll see from the above, you can actually enter the contest in any one of six different ways. You can earn up to a maximum of three chances to win in total. One for either becoming a new e-newsletter subscriber or being an existing subscriber and sending us an e-mail. A second chance for either starting to follow us on Instagram or either liking or commenting on our Instagram post about the contest. And three, either starting to follow us on Facebook or either liking, sharing or commenting on our Facebook post about the contest. We’ll enter you for a maximum of one time per e-Newsletter, Instagram or Facebook category.
To qualify to win, you also need to agree to the contest’s rules, terms and conditions described further below.
This contest is only open to residents of British Columbia who are ages 19 or older. The giveaway contest starts on Monday, June 5th, at 8:00 pm, and it ends on Friday, June 16th, at 2:00 pm (PST). The winner will be contacted by email or DM (direct message) on or before Saturday, June 17th. Entering the contest means you abide by all contest rules.
Anyone who signs up for Vancouver’s Best Places’ e-newsletter between June 5th (at 8:00 pm) and June 16th (at 2:00 pm) is entered in the contest automatically. If you signed up before the contest, you are not automatically entered in the contest. However, if you are an existing subscriber and you send us an e-mail asking to be entered, we can enter you in the contest that way instead.
With Instagram and Facebook, new followers are entered to win. If you are a new follower on social media, so someone who has started following between June 5th and June 16th during the times of the contest period in 2023, you are entered to win. If you followed us on Instagram or Facebook prior to June 5th at 8:00 pm, however, you can instead enter to win if you like, share or comment on our social media posts related to the Playland and Bard Giveaway Contest.
See below for additional details about the contest.
Official Contest Rules
Below is information about A) How to Enter, B) the Contest Prize, C) Contest Eligibility & The Contest Draw, D) Instagram, Facebook, Mailchimp and their Roles in this Contest, and E) Other Terms and Conditions related to the contest rules.
Note: By participating in this contest, participants declare that they have read and understand the following giveaway contest rules and agree to accept all decisions by Vancouver’s Best Places with respect to this contest.
A. How to Enter
There are three different ways to get your name entered into the draw. You can win via our e-newsletter and/or via our Facebook and/or Instagram social media channels. Start to follow @vancouversbestplaces on Facebook and/or @vansbestplaces on Instagram, and/or sign up for our e-Newsletter by filling in the form located in the right sidebar of our website (or near the bottom of the page if viewed on a mobile device). One (1) new Facebook follow is equal to one (1) entry. One (1) new Instagram follow is equal to one (1) entry. One (1) new sign up for our e-newsletter is equal to one (1) entry.
If you are already a subscriber to our e-newsletter prior to the start of this giveaway contest campaign, reply to one of our e-newsletters and ask us in the e-mail to enter you in the contest. You can also just send us an e-mail via the contact page on our website.
If you already follow us on Facebook, find our Facebook post about the Playland and Bard Give Away Contest and like it, share it or add a nice comment. If you do that, even if you followed us prior to June 5th, we’ll still enter you in the contest under the “Facebook” category.
If you already follow us on Instagram, find our Instagram post about the Playland and Bard Giveaway Contest and like it, share it or add a nice comment. If you do that, even if you followed us prior to June 5th, we’ll still enter you in the contest under the “Instagram” category.
All valid entries will be counted, meaning you can enter the contest up to three times, once for doing something related to our e-Newsletter and once each for actions related to our Facebook and Instagram channels. Entries must be received by contest closing time which is Friday, June 16th, 2023, at 2:00 pm (PST). Late submissions will not be accepted. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
B. Contest Prize
The winner will be awarded one pack of four (4) tickets to either Playland or Bard on the Beach in Metro Vancouver. If the winner chooses the tickets to Playland, they can use the tickets on the date of their choosing, subject to availability, up until the end of the 2023 season, which will likely be on August 18th. If the winner chooses the tickets to Bard on the Beach, they can select tickets to one of three different plays up until July 15th, 2023, again subject to ticket availability.
The winner will be contacted by Vancouver’s Best Places with instructions on how they can claim their prize. The winner must reply to the direct message (DM) or email informing them of their winning within 48 hours (or by the end of day on Monday, June 18th, 2023, whichever is later). Failure to reply within this time period will result in the forfeiture of the prize which will then be awarded to another recipient who will be similarly be selected by a random draw.
The prizes of tickets have no cash value and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash.
C. Contest Eligibility and the Contest Draw
This giveaway is open to residents of British Columbia, Canada, who are at least 19 years of age.
To qualify for the prizes the selected winner must verify that they are a BC resident and over 19 years of age. If they are unable to verify these details they will be disqualified and another draw will take place to choose new recipients of the prize.
The winner will be selected via a random draw of eligible entry submissions by Vancouver’s Best Places. After being notified, the winner will have to answer a basic skill-testing question in order to receive their prize.
Employees, agents and representatives of Vancouver’s Best Places, the PNE/Playland or Bard on the Beach or members of the immediate family of such persons (including spouses, parents, siblings or children) are not eligible to enter this contest.
Participants can get up to three chances to win (e.g., one each for doing prescribed actions related to Vancouver’s Best Places’ e-Newsletter, Facebook channel and Instagram channel). The same person, however, cannot be entered more than once under each of these three eligibility categories.
D. Instagram, Facebook, Mailchimp and this Contest
As this contest is not sponsored, administered, or affiliated with Instagram, Facebook or Mailchimp, any questions about this contest must be sent to info(at)vancouversbestplaces.com.
E. Other Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter this contest.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Contest entries are accepted between 8:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time) on Friday, June 5th, 2023, and 2:00 pm (PST) on Friday, June 16th, 2023. Entries received before and after these dates and times are automatically void.
- By entering this contest, all entrants accept and agree to abide by the contest rules, terms, regulations and decisions of Vancouver’s Best Places.
- By entering this contest, entrants agree to allow Vancouver’s Best Places, Playland or Bard on the Beach to publish their name if the entrant wins the contest. If any winning entrant requests that their name not be published, the entrant agrees that their name can at least be provided to any person or organization requesting to know the results of the contest (to ensure transparency of the process).
- In addition to having their entries randomly selected, in order to win the prize, the selected contestant must correctly answer a skill-testing question.
- There are no substitutions and the prize must be accepted as awarded.
- This giveaway contest is subject to the laws of British Columbia, Canada.
- Vancouver’s Best Places, Playland and Bard on the Beach reserve the right to modify or cancel this giveaway contest at any time for any reason without notice to participants unless prohibited by law. If ending the contest prior to the initial published contest end date, Vancouver’s Best Places reserves the right to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation of the contest.
- If for any reason a winner cannot be found, including if Vancouver’s Best Places is unsuccessful in contacting the winner (or subsequent winners if the first one is unsuccessful) within 4 days of the closing date of the contest, the ticket packages or the sum of their values may be donated to a registered BC-based charity, non-profit organization or family in need. Vancouver’s Best Places will, however, do its best to find a winner.
- Regarding personal information, Vancouver’s Best Places will use a contestant’s personal information for the purposes of conducting this contest. This includes collection of entrants’ names, Instagram details, Facebook details and/or email details. The winners’ names and contact details including proof of age and province of residence may also be collected.
- Vancouver’s Best Places, Playland and Bard on the Beach are not responsible, for whatever reason, for lost, delayed or otherwise not received entries.
- Vancouver’s Best Places, Playland and Bard on the Beach are not responsible for errors in the administration or offer of this giveaway contest of any kind, including but not limited to mistakes in advertising, contest rules, winner selection or distribution of the prize. This includes but is not limited to technical problems, human error, employee illness, corrupted data, IT, social media, computer hardware or software problems.
- By entering this contest, entrants understand and accept that affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents of PR Loyalty Solutions (d.b.a. Vancouver’s Best Places), Playland, and Bard on the Beach are exempt from all liability of any kind, including but not limited to, any property damage, loss, personal injury, death or expense related directly or indirectly to this giveaway contest, receipt of the prize or attending the venue.
- In the case of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the above listed rules of this contest and any statements made elsewhere in any other contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest-related posts on social media, the above terms, conditions and rules shall prevail.