The play Anything Goes is being put on by Highlands United Productions in North Vancouver in March 2020 and we are giving away two tickets to the show.
See below for details about both the play and the giveaway contest (which you can enter via Vancouver’s Best Places’ Instagram account at @vansbestplaces).
Note: This contest is now CLOSED.
The luck winner was Amber Olak from Surrey.
Vancouver’s Best Places Giveaway Contest
Anything Goes is an award-winning romantic comedy. It’s a musical about a stowaway on a cruise ship who falls in love with a wealthy heiress.
The show takes place at Highlands United Church in Edgemont Village in North Vancouver from March 18th until March 22nd. Highlands United Productions is an exceptional theatre company that puts on a play once every two years. We’ve seen a couple of their shows and have been very impressed.
The pair of tickets in this contest are good for either the March 18th or March 20th shows in 2020.
For details about the play see our article about Anything Goes with Highlands Productions. To buy tickets click Anything Goes in 2020. To learn about how you can win a pair of free tickets to the musical, continue reading.
Anything Goes Giveaway Contest Rules and Details
Vancouver’s Best Places is giving away two (2) tickets to see Anything Goes by Highlands United Productions on the lucky contest winner’s choice of either Wednesday, March 18th, or Friday, March 20th, 2020.
To enter the giveaway contest you need to do the following three things and agree to the contest’s rules, terms and conditions:
- Follow both @vansbestplaces and @highlandsunited on Instagram
- Like Vancouver’s Best Places’ official contest-related Highlands United Anything Goes post on Instagram at @vansbestplaces
- Tag a friend you’d like to attend the show with (or as many friends as you want) where you will earn one (1) entry per person tagged
For every friend you tag you’ll receive one entry for the draw. Tag 10 friends and you’ll be entered in the draw 10 times. Tag 20 friends and you’ll have 20 chances to win. You’ll also receive one bonus entry if you share our Highlands United Anything Goes Contest Giveaway post to your story on Instagram.
This contest is only open to residents of British Columbia who are ages 19 or older. The Giveaway contest starts on Monday, February 24th, and ends on Monday, March 2nd, 2020, at 12:00 pm (noon) (PST). The winner will be contacted by DM (direct message) on or before Wednesday, March 4th, at 11.59 pm (PST). Entering the contest means you abide by all contest rules.
The prize is two tickets to see Highlands United Productions’ Anything Goes musical in March 2020. Travel expenses are not included.
See below for additional details about the contest.
Official Contest Rules
Below is information about A) How to Enter, B) the Contest Prize, C) Contest Eligibility & The Contest Draw, D) Instagram and its Role in this Contest, and E) Other Terms and Conditions related to the contest rules.
A. How to Enter
Follow both @vansbestplaces and @highlandsunited on Instagram. Also, like Vancouver’s Best Places’ official contest-related Highlands United Anything Goes post on Instagram at @VansBestPlaces and tag a friend in the comments. One (1) tag is equal to one (1) entry. One (1) bonus entry will be counted if the post is shared to your story. Entries must be received by contest closing time which is Monday, March 2nd, 2020, at 12:00 pm (PST) (i.e., noon). Late submissions will not be accepted. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
B. Contest Prize
One winner will be awarded two (2) tickets to Highlands United Productions’ 2020 performance of Anything Goes by Highlands United Productions in North Vancouver. No purchase is necessary.
The play takes place at Highlands United Church which is located at 3255 Edgemont Boulevard in Edgemont Village in North Vancouver, BC.
The prize has an approximate retail value of $56 (CAD). The winner will be contacted by Vancouver’s Best Places with instructions on how they can claim the prize. He or she must reply to the direct message (DM) informing them of their winning and the offer of the prize via Instagram within 24 hours of the offer being sent or they will forfeit their prize and another recipient will be selected.
The prize of the two tickets has no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. The pair of tickets is also only valid for either the March 18th or March 20th performance, not both, and the winner must choose the date at the time of the awarding of the prize.
C. Contest Eligibility and the Contest Draw
This giveaway is open to residents of British Columbia, Canada, who are at least 19 years of age.
To qualify for the prize the selected winner must verify that they are a BC resident and over 19 years of age. If they are unable to verify these details they will be disqualified and another draw will take place to choose a new recipient of the prize.
The winner will be selected via a random draw of eligible entry submissions by Vancouver’s Best Places. After being notified, the winner will have to answer a skill-testing question in order to receive their prize.
Employees, agents and representatives of Vancouver’s Best Places and members of the immediate family of such persons (including spouses, parents, siblings or children) are not eligible to enter this contest.
D. Instagram and this Contest
As this contest is not sponsored, administered, or affiliated with Instagram Inc., any questions about this contest must be sent to @vansbestplaces and not to Instagram (the social media platform used to administer this contest).
E. Other Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter this contest.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Contest entries are accepted between 3:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time) on Monday, February 24th, 2020, and 12:00 pm (PST) on Monday, March 2nd, 2020. Entries received before and after these date and times are automatically void.
- By entering this contest, all entrants accept and agree to abide by the contest rules, terms, regulations and decisions of Vancouver’s Best Places.
- By entering this contest, entrants agree to allow Vancouver’s Best Places and Highlands United Productions to publish their name if the entrant wins the contest. If the winning entrant requests that their name not be published, the entrant agrees that their name can at least be provided to any person or organization requesting to know the results of the contest (to ensure transparency of the process).
- In addition to having their entry randomly selected, in order to win the prize, the selected contestant must correctly answer a skill-testing question.
- There are no substitutions and the prize must be accepted as awarded.
- This giveaway contest is subject to the laws of British Columbia Canada.
- Vancouver’s Best Places and Highlands United Productions reserve the right to modify or cancel this giveaway contest at any time for any reason without notice to participants unless prohibited by law. If ending the contest prior to the initial published contest end date, Vancouver’s Best Places reserves the right to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation of the contest.
- If for any reason a winner cannot be found, including if Vancouver’s Best Places is unsuccessful in contacting the winner (or subsequent winners if the first one is unsuccessful) within 14 days of the closing date of the contest, the tickets and/or $60 will be donated to a registered BC-based charity. Vancouver’s Best Places will, however, make every effort to find a winner.
- Regarding personal information, Vancouver’s Best Places will use a contestant’s personal information for the purposes of conducting this Contest. This includes collection of entrants’ names and Instagram details such as who they tag as part of the contest. The winner’s name and contact details including proof of age and province of residence will also be collected.
- Vancouver’s Best Places and Highlands United Productions are not responsible, for whatever reason, for lost, delayed or otherwise not received entries.
- Vancouver’s Best Places and Highlands United Productions are not responsible for errors in the administration or offer of this giveaway contest of any kind, including but not limited to mistakes in advertising, contest rules, winner selection or distribution of the prize. This includes but is not limited to technical problems, human error, employee illness, corrupted data, and IT, social media, computer hardware or software problems.
- By entering this contest, entrants understand and accept that affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents of PR Loyalty Solutions (d.b.a. Vancouver’s Best Places), Highlands United Productions and Highlands United Church are exempt from all liability of any kind, including but not limited to, any property damage, loss, personal injury, death or expense related directly or indirectly to this giveaway contest, receipt of the prize or attending the Anything Goes play.
- In the case of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the above listed rules of this contest and any statements made elsewhere in any other contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest-related Instagram post, the above terms, conditions and rules shall prevail.