Metro Vancouver and the Lower Mainland offer some amazing golfing opportunities, including some of the best golf courses in the world.
Vancouver’s Top 10 Public Golf Courses
Here are the region’s top 10 public golf courses in alphabetical order:
- Fraserview Golf Course (at 7800 Vivian Drive in Vancouver).
- Furry Creek Golf and Country Club (at 150 Country Club Road in Furry Creek up the Sea to Sky Highway).
- Meadow Gardens Golf Course (at 19675 Meadow Gardens Way in Pitt Meadows).
- Morgan Creek Golf Course (at 3500 Morgan Creek Way in Surrey).
- Northlands Golf Course (at 3400 Anne Macdonald Way in North Vancouver). This is an amazing course, although challenging with a fair bit uphill.
- Northview Golf and Country Club (at 6857 – 168th Street in Surrey).
- Redwoods Golf Course (at 22011-88th Avenue in Langley).
- Swaneset Bay Resort (at 16651 Rannie Road in Pitt Meadows).
- University Golf Club (at 5185 University Blvd. in Pacific Spirit Regional Park at UBC).
- Westwood Plateau Golf and Country Club (at 3251 Plateau Boulevard in Coquitlam).
Vancouver’s Best Private and Semi-Private Golf Courses
In addition to the above 10+1 golf courses where anyone can play, the following is a list of the region’s best golf courses that are either members (and their guests) only, or private but with limited public access. To play on one of these courses you may need to make friends with some of their members – either that or be willing to shell out a lot of money for membership.
- Capilano Golf & Country Club in West Vancouver.
- King Links by the Sea Golf Course in Tsawwassen.
- Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club in Richmond.
- Nicklaus North Golf Course in Whistler.
- Richmond Golf in Richmond.
- Seymour Golf & Country Club in North Vancouver.
- Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club in Vancouver.
- Vancouver Golf Club in Vancouver.
Mini-Golf and Pitch and Putt
If you are interested in just playing around, you’re not too serious, and you’re looking for a fun time with the family or friends, there are also lots of great mini-golf venues and places for a round of pitch and putt.
Vancouver Mini-Golf Locations
A couple of the most popular mini-golf venues are the one at Bear Creek Park in Surrey and the courses at Castle Fun Park in Abbotsford in the Fraser Valley. Another interesting course is the one at the Art Knapp garden store also in Surrey. If you want to go to a garden store and have to take the kids, this is a great one to visit.
Vancouver Pitch & Putt Golf Locations
There are these kinds of courses all around, but some you might want to check out include the Queen Elizabeth Park Pitch & Putt at Queen Elizabeth Park, the Stanley Park Pitch & Putt and Putting Green at Stanley Park, and the Ambleside Par 3 Course at Ambleside in West Vancouver.