Guilt & Company is a Vancouver bar and live music venue located at #1 Alexander Street in Gastown. Below is a list of some of its upcoming 2019 bands.
Guilt and Company
Vancouver has lots of great bars and venues featuring live music. Guilt & Co., however, is one of our favourites. The place is in a cool location, it features great bands and there is almost never a cover charge. Admission most nights is simply by donation (with proceeds often just benefiting the band).
Some Vancouver bars feature live music on weekends or once or twice during the week. Guilt & Co., on the other hand, offers over 400 performances per year, which means more than one band per night on average. And the bands are generally really good!
If you’re looking for an exceptional place to enjoy live music and drinks with friends, Guilt & Co. is the place to go!
To learn more about the venue and to see who’s playing when check out the Guilt & Co. website.
Where and When
Guilt & Co. can be found in the basement at #1 Alexander Street which is at the corner of Water Street and Carrall Street in the heart of Gastown. Local is the restaurant upstairs. Around the side and down the steps is Guilt & Company.
The place is open daily from 7:00 pm until late. The live music starts at between 8:00 and 10:00 pm depending on the day.
TIP: Get there early to find a good seat, enjoy a few drinks and chat with your friends. Once the music starts it can get pretty busy, and, being a live music venue, harder to carry on a conversation once the band gets started.
About the Entertainment
Shows are generally “pay-what-you-can” which means there is no cover charge, but you’re encouraged to contribute something as a tip to the band.
Guilt & Co. features great live music. Considering how many different groups play at the venue over the course of the year, it’s impressive how consistent the quality is. One night the music might be Bluegrass. Another night Rock. And another night something totally different.
2019 Summer/Fall Schedule
Below is a list of some of the performances at Guilt & Company in the summer of 2019.
(Note: Times and performer details are subject to change.)
To learn more about the venue and to see who’s playing when check out the Guilt & Company website.
Friday, September 6th, 2019
- Siobhan (at 10:00 pm) – a Jazz-Soul vocalist.
Saturday, September 7th, 2019
- Raincity (at 10:00 pm) – a female fronted Funk band.
Sunday, September 8th, 2019
- Winter Wilson (at 8:00 pm) – a Canadian vocalist with relatable messages.
- The Scott Verbeek Quintet (at 9:30 pm) – the band’s album release party.
Monday, September 9th, 2019
- Matt Beebe (at 8:00 pm) – a Canada touring solo artist.
- The Alex Flock Trio (at 9:30 pm) – a Funk, Jazz and Blues combo band.
Tuesday, September 10th, 2019
- Ev Kinsella (at 8:00 pm) – a Soul-Folk singer.
- Debra-Jean & The Dreams (at 9:30 pm) – a four-piece Vancouver based band.
Wednesday, September 11th, 2019
- Ludic (at 8:00 pm) – a multi-talented Canadian Groove band.
- Sweetpea (at 9:30 pm) – a Vancouver Jazz band.
Thursday, September 12th, 2019
- Vince Mai (at 9:30 pm) – a renowned trumpeter.
Friday, September 13th, 2019
- Antonio Larosa (at 10:00 pm) – a Classics and Blues artist.
Saturday, September 14th, 2019
- Camaro 67 (at 10:00 pm) – a Vancouver-based Afro-Funk band.
Sunday, September 15th, 2019
- Meiwa (at 8:00 pm) – an Australian-based artist that blends genres.
- Tambura Rasa (at 9:30 pm) – an artist that blends contemporary and classic rhythms that embrace many different cultures.
Monday, September 16th, 2019
- Stolie (at 8:00 pm) – a North American touring artist.
Wednesday, September 18th, 2019
- Cat Madden (at 8:00 pm) – a Jazz-Rock band.
- The Single Malts (at 9:30 pm) – a traditional Swing-Jazz band.
Thursday, September 19th, 2019
- Gio Levy (at 8:00 pm) – a Filipino Pop, Jazz and R&B artist.
Friday, September 20th, 2019
- Teon Gibbs (at 10:00 pm) – a Hip-Hop and R&B artist.
Sunday, September 22nd, 2019
Monday, September 23rd, 2019
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
- Turunesh (at 8:00 pm) – a singer/songwriter with a Soul sound.
- The Kane/Wilson Quintet (at 9:30 pm) – an Afro/Jazz band.
Wednesday, September 25th, 2019
Friday, September 27th, 2019
- Jack Garton (at 10:00 pm) – a multi-talented artist that mixes genres.
Saturday, September 28th, 2019
- Wooden Horsemen (at 10:00 pm) – a Soul and Blues band.
Sunday, September 29th, 2019
- Ribcage (at 9:30 pm) – a Funk and Blues band.
Monday, September 30th, 2019
- Ryan Fischer (at 8:00 pm) – a Folk band.
- Stephanie Pedraza (at 9:30 pm) – a Rock-Pop singer songwriter with Latin roots.
Tuesday, October 1st, 2019
- Jeff Plankenhorn (at 8:00 pm) – an American soloist.
- Underneath the Harlem Moon (at 9:30 pm) – an exciting cabaret show.
Wednesday, October 2nd, 2019
Thursday, October 3rd, 2019
- Malcolm Aiken & NewFutures (at 9:30 pm) – a Jazz-Fusion band.
Friday, October 4th, 2019
- Cannery Row (at 10:00 pm) – a band that blends multiple genres to create a unique sound.
Saturday, October 5th, 2019
- Mad Riddim (at 10:00 pm) – a Funk and Jazz band.
Sunday, October 6th, 2019
- Matt Storm (at 9:30 pm) – an Indie-Soul artist.
Monday, October 7th, 2019
- Jay Gavin (at 9:30 pm) – a Folk-Rock artist.
Tuesday, October 8th, 2019
- Dawn Pemberton & Mike Henry (at 9:30 pm) – a Soul-Funk collaboration.
Wednesday, October 9th, 2019
- The Milk Crate Bandits (at 9:30 pm) – a Jazz band.
Friday, October 11th, 2019
- The Bradley McGillivray Blues Band (at 10:00 pm) – a band that mixes Jazz, Blues and Funk sounds.
Saturday, October 12th, 2019
- Ezra Kwizera (at 10:00 pm) – a singer, songwriter and rapper.
Sunday, October 13th, 2019
- Annie Becker (at 8:00 pm) – a Jazz singer.
Tuesday, October 15th, 2019
- Jimmy Baldwin (at 9:30 pm) – a singer and guitarist.
See the official Guilt & Co. website for more information about the venue.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Festivals & Events Calendar
- Shows & Entertainment Calendar
- Vancouver on a Budget
- Free summer Concerts
- Vancouver Bars & Restaurants