FVDED in the Park is a music festival at Surrey’s Holland Park that features over two dozen rap, hip-hop, R&B, alternative and electronic music artists.
2020 FVDED IN THE PARK FESTIVAL POSTPONED
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the organizers of FVDED in the Park have “postponed” the festival until 2021. They have announced that the festival will take place on July 9 and 10 in 2021 instead and the artists performing for that are to be determined. For more information on the cancellation click FVDED in the Park COVID-19 Statement.
To see other events that have been postponed or cancelled click COVID-19 Impact on Vancouver.
FVDED in the Park Concerts in Surrey
Pronounced “Faded,” the fourth annual FVDED 2-day series of concerts takes place on the weekend of July 9-10 in 2021.
This popular urban music festival attracts over 40,000 music lovers each year with major headliners including the Chainsmokers, Marshmello, Wiz Khalifa, Future, Kygo, Khalid and Zedd in past years. 2020 headliners were supposed to be Flume, G-Eazy and Illenium.
If you’re young and like its style of music, FVDED is an event you won’t want to miss.
2020 Festival Performers
Below are some of the artists that were scheduled to perform in 2020 before the festival was cancelled.
Note: Performers and other concert details are subject to change.
- Flume – headlining in 2020, an award winning, Australian music producer and DJ from Sydney, Australia. Some of his major hits Never Be Like You (2016) and Rushing Back (2019).
- G-Eazy – an American Rapper responsible for the hit songs Me, Myself & I (2015) and Him & I (featuring Halsey) (2017).
- Illenium – an American musician and record producer who has worked with groups such as The Chainsmokers (2019) and X Ambassadors (2019).
- Alesso – a DJ and record producer from Sweden who has worked with Hailee Steinfeld, Tove Lo and Calvin Harris.
- Alison Wonderland – a dance music producer, singer and DJ from Australia who created the hit I Want U (2015).
- Black Tiger Sex Machine – commonly known as BTSM, this Canadian trio is from Montreal, Quebec and performs dark electronic music.
- Dave – a British rapper, musician and actor otherwise known as Santan Dave.
- Gorgon City – a duo from London, England who create electronic music, such as their hit single Ready For Your Love (2014).
- Gryffin – an American musician and DJ who has worked on hits such as Talking Body by Tove Lo and Animals by Maroon 5.
- Gucci Mane – an American rapper that creates hip hop and trap music such as Wake Up in the Sky (2018).
- Gunna – from Georgia, US with hits such as Drip Too Hard and has worked on many songs with Travis Scott.
- J.I.D – an American rapper and singer who created Off Deez with J. Cole.
FVDED Location & Admission
The FVDED in the Park music festival takes place at Holland Park at 13428 Old Yale Road, which is across the street from the Central City Shopping Centre in Surrey and not far from the King George SkyTrain Station.
Tickets to FVDED can be purchased online at the FVDED website for about $200 for a 2-day general admission pass or $300 for a 2-day VIP pass.
VIP passes provide users priority entry to the festival and access to special VIP areas, including an exclusive beer garden with a viewing area and fancier restrooms. (Note: VIP areas are 19+.)
What to Bring and Not to Bring
As with many music festivals these days, there are things you’re allowed to take to FVDED in the Park and things you’re not allowed to take.
Recommended Things to Take
Good things to take to FVDED in the Park include an empty or unopened water bottle, a blanket to sit on and a sweater if the evenings are cool. A free water station is available for people wanting to fill their bottles.
The event takes place rain or shine, and umbrellas are not permitted, so pack a raincoat too if the weather looks iffy.
Prohibited Items at the Festival
Items NOT allowed at the concert venue include alcohol, sharp objects, cameras with detachable lenses, video cameras, selfie sticks, Frisbees, skateboards, BBQs and outside food and beverages, as well as the usual list of obvious items like drugs and weapons. Smoking is also not permitted, including vaporizers – nor are lawn chairs or umbrellas as they’ll obstruct the view of other spectators. Also, leave Fluffy at home, unless he or she is a working guide dog.
For everyone’s safety, expect your bags to be inspected prior to entry and banned items to be confiscated.
FVDED in the Park Video
For an idea of what to expect at the music festival, check out this video of the event in 2017.
FVDED Parking and Transit
Holland Park is beautiful, but it doesn’t offer a lot of parking options. Using public transit is highly recommended, and Central City SkyTrain Station is on the other side of the Central City Mall, so not too far away. King George SkyTrain Station is even closer, located on just the other side of King George Boulevard.
Music fans that wish to drive are encouraged to carpool and use public parking at the King George Station, or at the Scott Road SkyTrain Station and then from there take the SkyTrain the three stops to King George. For folks dropping off passengers at the site, do so along the west side of King George Boulevard.
Bikes aren’t allowed inside the festival venue, but there will be bicycle racks and supervised valet service available outside on a first-come, first-served basis.
TIP: Arrive early to find a parking spot for your car or bike. Central City mall is open Saturdays until 7 pm in case you want to shop beforehand, grab a bite to eat or have a pre-concert beverage.
Note: Outside food and drinks are not permitted at the FVDED venue. Music fans are allowed to take unopened water bottles, however, as well as empty reusable bottles which can be filled on site.
For more information on the concerts see the official FVDED website.
The company behind FVDED in the Park is This Is Blueprint (which also hosts the Contact Music Festival at BC Place Stadium in late December. The same company also operates venues like Celebrities Night Club on Davie Street, M.I.A. on Water Street and Colony bars at various locations, among other properties).