Abbotsford’s TRADEX Trade and Exhibition Centre hosts numerous events, from Vancouver-area trade shows to conventions and sports competitions.
The TRADEX Centre and Vancouver Events
TRADEX is one of the Lower Mainland’s largest indoor event centres. Just a few of the many events that take place at the facility are listed below.
- Earlybird RV Show – a trade show featuring motorhomes and everything to do with RV-ing (usually in February).
- Vancouver Motorcycle Show – a wide-ranging display of different bikes, there’s also stunt performances and different training lessons on offer. (Taking place January 12th to 14th in 2024.)
- Vancouver Pet Lover Show – one of the top pet events in the province. This is a place to take not only your dog or cat but any other animal friends you might have. (It used to happen at TRADEX in the spring. In 2022, however, it was at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver in the fall.)
- West Coast Women’s Show – a trade show at the TRADEX Centre in the spring and/or fall.
- Snowbird RV Show – an event for people wanting to look at and buy recreational vehicles and equipment at the TRADEX Centre in the fall.
- Western Golf Expo – a consumer golf trade show in late winter.
- BC Sportsmen’s Show – a fishing, hunting, boating and other outdoor activities consumer trade show in the spring.
Food and Beverage Events
- BC Beer & Beverage Festival – an event featuring craft beers and other adult beverages in the spring. It took place for the first time in March 2023. Whether it happens again is to be determined.
Markets at TRADEX
- Olde Farmhouse Vintage Market – a fairly unique market specializing in antiques and other interesting collectables that often happens in November. (Note: In the fall of 2023 it happens at the Cloverdale Agriplex in Surrey.)
- West Coast Christmas Show – a Christmas trade show-style event with an artisan marketplace and a wide variety of vendors in November.
Other Events at TRADEX
- Jurassic Quest – a pre-historic attraction that features rides and life-sized animatronic dinosaurs. (It was at the TRADEX Centre on May 19th to 22nd in 2023.)
- Classic & Custom Car Show – a great event for car-lovers, especially those who enjoy vintage or customized vehicles. (Usually in April, but not during the COVID-19 pandemic.)
- Spring Break Up Country Music Festival – a music festival featuring both famous and up-and-coming Country Music artists.
Other events include provincial sports competitions, trade shows, agricultural events, craft fairs and a whole lot more.
About the TRADEX Centre
Located at 1190 Cornell Street, next to the Abbotsford International Airport, TRADEX is a huge place! The interior is a massive 120,000 square feet in size. The facility includes a couple of halls that are 60,000 square feet in size. Larger events fill the entire building.
The TRADEX Centre has 1,200 parking spots in its paved parking area, plus another 3,200 more spots in its unpaved overflow parking lots. As of early 2020, parking costs $7 per day.
For more information about the event centre, see the TRADEX website.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver Festivals and Events
- What’s Happening This Weekend
- Vancouver Shows & Entertainment
- Lower Mainland Rainy Day Activities
- The Vancouver Convention Centre