Abbotsford’s TRADEX Trade and Exhibition Centre hosts numerous events, from Vancouver-area trade shows to conventions and sports competitions.
The TRADEX Centre and Vancouver Events
TRADEX is one of the Lower Mainland’s largest indoor event centres. Just a few of the many events that have taken place at the facility in recent years include the following:
- Jurassic Quest – a pre-historic attraction that features rides and life-sized animatronic dinosaurs. (It’s at the Tradex Centre on May 20th to 23rd in 2022.)
- Vancouver Motorcycle Show – a wide-ranging display of different bikes, there’s also stunt performances and different training lessons on offer. (Taking place January 20th to 22nd in 2023.)
- Vancouver Pet Lover Show – one of the top pet events in the province. This is a place to take not only your dog or cat but any other animal friends you might have. (Likely happening in November of 2022).
- Classic & Custom Car Show – a great event for car-lovers, especially those who enjoy vintage or customized vehicles. (Usually in April, but cancelled in 2021.)
- Olde Farmhouse Vintage Market – a fairly unique market specializing in antiques and other interesting collectables often happens in November.
- West Coast Christmas Show – an artisan market with local products and a varied group of vendors in November.
Other events include provincial sports competitions, trade shows, agricultural events, craft fairs and a whole lot more.
About the TRADEX Centre
Located at 1190 Cornell Street, next to the Abbotsford International Airport, TRADEX is a huge place! The interior is a massive 120,000 square feet in size. The facility includes a couple of 60,000 square feet halls. Larger events fill the entire building.
The TRADEX Centre has 1200 parking spots in its paved parking area, plus another 3200 more spots in its unpaved overflow parking lots. As of early 2020, parking costs $7 per day.
For more information about the event centre, see the TRADEX website.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver Festivals and Events
- What’s Happening This Weekend
- Vancouver Shows & Entertainment
- Lower Mainland Rainy Day Activities
- The Vancouver Convention Centre