Free outdoor concerts take place in North Vancouver on Friday evenings in Lynn Valley, Edgemont Village and Deep Cove’s Panorama Park in July and August.
Other forms of live entertainment also take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays in the summer as part of North Vancouver’s Live & Local Concerts & Culture Series.
Live & Local Concerts & Culture Series
The program used to be called the Summer Outdoor Concert Music Series but, as of last year, is now called the Live & Local Concerts & Culture Series.
In previous years and still today free concerts take place at 7 pm on Friday evenings in July and August at North Vancouver’s Lynn Valley Village, Edgemont Village and Panorama Park in Deep Cove.
New since 2017, cultural performances now also take place mid-week at North Vancouver’s Civic Plaza, Lynn Valley Village and Parkgate Community Centre. So in addition to just live music, the series now also include other forms of entertainment.
2018 North Vancouver Concerts
Below is the schedule for the free concerts in 2018.
TIP: Take a lawn chair to sit on and go early to find parking.
Deep Cove, Panorama Park Concert Stage
The following concerts take place at Panorama Park in Deep Cove at 2200 Panorama Drive on Friday evenings from 7 to 9 pm:
- July 6th – Cayla Brooke (Jazz and Blues)
- July 13th – Big City Soul (R&B and Soul)
- July 20th – Mostly Marley (Reggae)
- July 27th – Copper Crow Blues Band (Chicago Blues)
- August 3rd – Smith and Jones (Classic Rock)
Edgemont Village Concert Stage
The following concerts take place at Edgemont Village at 3099 Edgemont Boulevard on Friday evenings from 7 to 9 pm:
- August 3rd – A Tribute to Aretha Franklin
- August 10th – Platform Soul (Disco Funk)
- August 17th – The Fab Fourever (a Beatles tribute band)
- August 24th – Mazacote (a Latin dance band)
Lynn Valley Concert Stage
The following concerts take place at Lynn Valley Village at 1277 Lynn Valley Road on Friday evenings from 7 to 9 pm:
- July 6th – Deanna Knight & The Hot Club of Mars (Swing / Jive)
- July 13th – En Karma (Bhangra)
- July 20th – Terminal Station (Blues and Rock)
- July 27th – Gary Comeau and the Voodoo Allstars (New Orleans Roots and Blues)
- August 3rd – Sam Spades (Rockabilly)
- August 10th – R&B Conspiracy (Classic Rhythm & Blues)
- August 17th – Big Easy Funk Ensemble (New Orleans Funk)
- August 24th – Adam Woodall Band (Folk Rock)
See the North Vancouver Recreation website for details.
2018 North Van Cultural Events
The following other special events also take place in North Vancouver on Wednesdays and Thursdays in 2018:
Lynn Valley Culture Stage (July & August)
The events below take place on Wednesdays in both July and August from 6 to 8 pm at Lynn Valley Village which is located at 1277 Lynn Valley Road.
- July 4th – Active Antics: a musical comedy show with the Myrtle Sisters as well as games and circus arts with the Red Fox Healthy Living Society.
- July 11th – Little Mountain Brass Band: British-style brass tunes as well as crafts with Thrifty by Design.
- July 18th – Sean Ashby Live: music with singer and songwriter Sean Ashby and his guitar.
- July 25th – Let’s Dance!: a selection of interactive dance workshops of various types.
- August 1st – Family Fun Night: an evening of family-friendly workshops.
- August 8th – Village Beat: a hands-on evening where you can play around with a selection of musical instrument with the Fairfield Music Zoo.
- August 15th – SHINE Young Artist Music Showcase: performances by youth from the Creativ Music Centre.
- August 22nd – Colours of Bollywood: an evening of Bollywood-style dance performances and workshops.
Civic Plaza Culture Stage (July)
The events listed below take place on Thursdays from 6 until 8 pm outdoors in the City of North Vancouver’s Civic Plaza at 141 West 14th Street during the month of July.
- July 5th – Active Antics: a musical comedy show with the Myrtle Sisters as well as games and circus arts with the Red Fox Healthy Living Society.
- July 12th – Let’s Dance!: a selection of interactive dance workshops of various types.
- July 19th – Party in the Plaza: with the all-girl youth Sm:)e Band from Burnaby as well as Luv 2 Groove.
- July 26th – Latin Live: an evening with the Afro-Cuban-Latin band Marlin Ramazzini.
Parkgate Plaza Culture Stage (August)
These events happen on Thursdays between 5 and 7 pm at Parkgate Community Centre at 3625 Banff Court in North Vancouver during the month of August.
- August 2nd – Party in the Plaza: with the all-girl youth Sm:)e Band from Burnaby as well as Luv 2 Groove.
- August 9th – Family Fun Night: an evening of family-friendly workshops.
- August 16th – The Mojo Stars: 1950’s Blues music.
- August 23rd – Colours of Bollywood: an evening of Bollywood-style dance performances and workshops.
Other Free Summer Music Venues
The Summer Concert Series venues in North Vancouver are not the only places to find free (or almost free) live music in Metro Vancouver in the summer. Other places with free evening concerts include the following:
- Most days in the second half of June at various locations during the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival.
- Wednesday evenings in July and August at different parks in Surrey as part of that city’s Sounds of Summer Music Series.
- Shipyards Summer Sessions Concerts – free live music at North Vancouver’s Shipbuilders’ Square on Saturdays between 7 and 10 pm from early July until late August.
- Friday evenings from early May to late September at the Shipyard Night Market in North Vancouver.
- Nightly in late August and early September at the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE), where the concerts are included with the cost of admission to the fair.