Free outdoor concerts take place in North Vancouver on Friday evenings in Lynn Valley, Edgemont Village and Deep Cove’s Panorama Park in July and August.
Other forms of live entertainment also take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays in the summer as part of North Vancouver’s Live & Local Concerts & Culture Series.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and provincial health restrictions, Live & Local did not take place in 2021. The event returned in the summer of 2022. Whether it does or not in 2023 is still yet to be determined (as of June 2023).
Live & Local Concerts & Culture Series
The program used to be called the Summer Outdoor Concert Music Series but, since a couple of years ago, it is now called the Live & Local Concerts & Culture Series.
In previous years, free concerts took place on Friday evenings in July and August at North Vancouver’s Lynn Valley Village, Edgemont Village and Panorama Park in Deep Cove.
In 2022 there were concerts on Fridays between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm at Panorama Park in Deep Cove. The first Deep Cove concert was on August 5th and the last was on August 26th. Another series of concerts in 2022 was Big Bands and Brass at Lynn Valley Village, which ran from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm on Sundays from July 24th to August 14th.
There were also performances and family-friendly activities available at Lynn Valley Village on Wednesdays from July 20th to August 24th. Similar events were held at North Vancouver’s Civic Plaza on Thursdays from July 14th until August 4th. Both mid-week Live & Local events started at 6:00 pm and finished at 8:00 pm.
North Vancouver Concerts
Below was the schedule for the free Lynn Valley Village concerts in 2022.
TIP: Spectators attending the concerts were encouraged to take a lawn chair to sit on and go early to find parking.
(Note: Event details were subject to change.)
Lynn Valley Village Big Bands and Brass
The following concerts took place at Lynn Valley Village at 1277 Lynn Valley Road on Sunday afternoons from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm in 2022:
- 24th of July – Deep Cove Big Band
- 31st of July – Hot Water Ensemble
- 7th of August – Alex Maher
- 14th of August – Balkan Schmalkan
Panorama Park Concert Stage in Deep Cove
In 2022, concerts took place at Panorama Park on Fridays from August 5th to 26th. Each concert ran from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- 5th of August – Mazacote
- 12th of August – Camaro 67
- 19th of August – Smith and Jones
- 26th of August – Mostly Marley
North Van Cultural Events
The following other special events also happened in 2022.
Lynn Valley Village (Wednesdays)
In 2022 events took place at Lynn Valley Village on Wednesdays in both July and August. They ran from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at 1277 Lynn Valley Road. As of mid-July, the events listed below were scheduled to take place. Details about August events were to be confirmed.
- 20th of July: the day’s event featured a drum demonstration by Daniel Duggan and airbrush tattoos by Frederic Carrasco. There were also crafts available on-site.
- 27th of July: an evening filled with games and crafts, along with musical entertainment by Alcvin and Kyoshi.
- 3rd of August: there were airbrush tattoos by artist Frederic Carrasco as well as crafts and music by Marlin Ramazzini.
- 10th of August: there was a musical performance by the Beauty Shop Dolls.
- 17th of August: the Bollywood dance expert Rohan D’Silva and singer Mark James Fortin performed.
- 24th of August: dancers Rohan D’Silva and Pooneh Alizadeh both took to the stage.
Civic Plaza (Thursdays)
The events listed below took place on Thursdays from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm outdoors in the City of North Vancouver’s Civic Plaza at 141 West 14th Street in 2022.
- 14th of July: live music performed by local Creativ Music artists, plus big games and crafts.
- 21st of July: the day’s event featured a drum demonstration by Daniel Duggan and airbrush tattoos by Frederic Carrasco. There were also crafts and dances with Virginia Duivenvoorden.
- 28th of July: spectators enjoyed a performance from the Beauty Shop Dolls, as well as games and crafts for everyone.
- 4th of August: a Pride celebration including hula hoop demonstrations, tattoos from Frederic Carrasco and other activities were on hand.
Other Free Summer Music Venues
The Summer Concert Series venues in North Vancouver are not the only places to find free (or almost free) live music in Metro Vancouver in the summer. Other places with free evening concerts include the following:
- Most days in the second half of June at various locations during the Vancouver International Jazz Festival.
- Wednesday evenings and Friday afternoons in July and August at different parks in Surrey as part of that city’s Sounds of Summer Music Series.
- Shipyards Live – free live music at North Vancouver’s Shipbuilders’ Square on Fridays from May 13th until September 2nd.
- Nightly in late August and early September at the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE), where the concerts are included with the cost of admission to the fair.
For more information about the above events, see the North Vancouver Recreation website.
To learn more about the area, see our articles about North Vancouver and the North Shore.
For a list of free concerts in other parts of the Lower Mainland click Free Vancouver Outdoor Concerts.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following: