Free outdoor concerts take place in North Vancouver on Friday evenings in Lynn Valley, Edgemont Village and Deep Cove’s Panorama Park in July and August.
Other forms of live entertainment also take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays in the summer as part of North Vancouver’s Live & Local Concerts & Culture Series.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and provincial health restrictions, Live & Local did not take place in 2021. The event returns in the summer of 2022.
Live & Local Concerts & Culture Series
The program used to be called the Summer Outdoor Concert Music Series but, since a couple of years ago, is now called the Live & Local Concerts & Culture Series.
In previous years, free concerts took place on Friday evenings in July and August at North Vancouver’s Lynn Valley Village, Edgemont Village and Panorama Park in Deep Cove.
In 2022 there are concerts on Fridays between 7:00 and 9:00 pm at Panorama Park in Deep Cove. The first Deep Cove concert is on August 5th and the last is on August 26th. Another series of concerts this year is Big Bands and Brass at Lynn Valley Village, which runs from 1:00 to 3:00 pm on Sundays from July 24th to August 14th.
There are also performances and family-friendly activities available at Lynn Valley Village on Wednesdays from July 20th to August 24th. Similar events are held at North Vancouver’s Civic Plaza on Thursdays from July 14th until August 4th. Both mid-week Live & Local events start at 6:00 pm and finish at 8:00 pm.
North Vancouver Concerts
Below is the schedule for the free Lynn Valley Village concerts in 2022.
TIP: Take a lawn chair to sit on and go early to find parking.
(Note: Event details are subject to change.)
Lynn Valley Village Big Bands and Brass
The following concerts take place at Lynn Valley Village at 1277 Lynn Valley Road on Sunday afternoons from 1:00 to 3:00 pm:
- July 24th – Deep Cove Big Band
- July 31st – Hot Water Ensemble
- August 7th – Alex Maher
- August 14th – Balkan Schmalkan
Panorama Park Concert Stage in Deep Cove
In 2022, concerts take place at Panorama Park on Fridays from August 5th to 26th. Each concert runs from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
- August 5th – Mazacote
- August 12th – Camaro 67
- August 19th – Smith and Jones
- August 26th – Mostly Marley
North Van Cultural Events
The following other special events are also happening in 2022.
Lynn Valley Village (Wednesdays)
In 2022 events take place at Lynn Valley Village on Wednesdays in both July and August. They run from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at 1277 Lynn Valley Road. As of mid-July, the events listed below are scheduled to take place. Details about August events are to be confirmed.
- July 20th: today features a drum demonstration by Daniel Duggan and airbrush tattoos by Frederic Carrasco. There are also crafts available on-site.
- July 27th: an evening filled with games and crafts, along with musical entertainment by Alcvin and Kyoshi.
- August 3rd: there are airbrush tattoos by artist Frederic Carrasco as well as crafts and music by Marlin Ramazzini.
- August 10th: there is a musical performance by the Beauty Shop Dolls.
- August 17th: the Bollywood dance expert Rohan D’Silva and singer Mark James Fortin perform.
- August 24th: dancers Rohan D’Silva and Pooneh Alizadeh both take the stage.
Civic Plaza (Thursdays)
The events listed below take place on Thursdays from 6:00 to 8:00 pm outdoors in the City of North Vancouver’s Civic Plaza at 141 West 14th Street. As of mid-July, details about August activities are to be confirmed.
- July 14th: live music performed by local Creativ Music artists, plus big games and crafts.
- July 21st: today features a drum demonstration by Daniel Duggan and airbrush tattoos by Frederic Carrasco. There are also crafts and dances with Virginia Duivenvoorden.
- July 28th: enjoy a performance from the Beauty Shop Dolls, as well as games and crafts for everyone.
- August 4th: a Pride celebration including hula hoop demonstrations, tattoos from Frederic Carrasco and other activities are on hand.
Other Free Summer Music Venues
The Summer Concert Series venues in North Vancouver are not the only places to find free (or almost free) live music in Metro Vancouver in the summer. Other places with free evening concerts include the following:
- Most days in the second half of June at various locations during the Vancouver International Jazz Festival.
- Wednesday evenings and Friday afternoons in July and August at different parks in Surrey as part of that city’s Sounds of Summer Music Series.
- Shipyards Live – free live music at North Vancouver’s Shipbuilders’ Square on Fridays from May 13th until September 2nd.
- Nightly in late August and early September at the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE), where the concerts are included with the cost of admission to the fair.
For more information about the above events see the North Vancouver Recreation website.
For a list of free concerts in other parts of the Lower Mainland click Free Vancouver Outdoor Concerts.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following: