The trendy Granville Island district of Vancouver is home to a selection of restaurants including everything from fine dining to quick takeout places.
Restaurants on Vancouver’s Granville Island
The island’s eclectic design makes it a popular destination for both tourists and locals alike. On the island there are industrial activities, stores and boutiques, art studios and places to eat and drink.
One of the most popular destinations on Granville Island is the Public Market. The place features a number of shops and stalls where visitors can purchase fresh produce and other food products. Inside the market there is also a great food court area.
There are plenty of restaurants and places to eat on Granville Island. The neighbourhood has a collection of sit-down establishments, bars and pubs, small cafes and plenty of takeout options.
Restaurants and Pubs
Some of the sit-down places to eat or have a drink at Granville Island include the following:
- Dockside Restaurant – an upscale waterfront restaurant with an outdoor patio beside the Granville Island Hotel. Dockside is a frequent participant in the Dine Out Vancouver Festival and 2022 is no exception.
- Granville Island Brewing Company – a craft brewery with pub-style food.
- The Keg – a premium-casual chain steakhouse with locations across the Lower Mainland. The place usually offers a special 3-course dinner during the Dine Out Vancouver Festival including in 2022.
- The Liberty Distillery – a spirits distillery in the centre of Granville Island.
- The Sandbar – a seafood restaurant near the north end of Granville Island. The Sandbar is also a frequent participant in the Dine Out Vancouver Festival including in 2022.
- Tony’s Fish and Oyster Cafe – a casual restaurant close to the entrance of Granville Island.
- Vancouver Fish Company – situated right next to Tony’s, it’s a slightly more upscale restaurant and bar. The place is also a participant in the 2022 Dine Out Vancouver Festival.
- Bridges Bistro – a pub-style waterfront restaurant with a bar and outdoor patio. The restaurant is also a frequent participant in the annual Dine Out Vancouver Festival. (Note: As of 2021 this restaurant is closed. It expects to reopen under the Tap & Barrel brand in the spring of 2022.
The building where you’ll find the Arts Club Theatre Company‘s Granville Island Stage is also home to a sit-down restaurant. The restaurant is called the Backstage Lounge and visitors who hold a ticket to an Arts Club show on the same day often receive around 15% off their meals.
Take-out and Fast(er) Food
Granville Island is also home to some great places to get takeout and quick meals. Many of these can be found within the Public Market at the food court, although not all of them. Quick food options on Granville Island include the following:
- A Bread Affair
- A La Mode
- Beanstalk Bistro
- Celine’s Fish and Chips
- Chau Veggie Express
- Fraser Valley Juice and Salad
- GI Gelato and Coffee House
- Gourmet Wok
- Kaisereck Deli
- La Tortilleria
- Laurelle’s Fine Foods
- Lee’s Donuts
- Market Grill
- Off the Tracks Bistro
- Omi Japan
- Pedro’s Organic Coffee House
- Pizza Pzazz
- Sen Pad Thai
- Sprig Contemporary Greek Kitchen
- The Stock Market
For more details about places to eat at the tourist destination visit the Granville Island website.
For more information about the area click Granville Island.
Other articles that may be of interest include the following:
- Shopping at Granville Island
- Vancouver Bars and Restaurants
- Dine Out Vancouver Festival
- Dine Out Festival Restaurants with a View
- Granville Island Public Market