June 2015 will be an amazing month in Vancouver. There will be free concerts, outdoor theatre, a half marathon, jazz festival, World Cup Soccer and more.
10 Best Things to Do in June
Wondering what to do this month in the Lower Mainland? Below are our top 10 recommendations on what to see and do.
- Take in a live game of FIFA Women’s World Cup Soccer. This is likely the only time that Vancouver will ever host this major event, so if you or members of your family like soccer, here’s your chance to see the World Cup live at BC Place Stadium. Or, if you want to see it outside for free on a big screen, the Canada Day Fan Zone downtown is the place to do it. (June 8 to July 5 ).
- Enjoy great music at the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival, with both free and paid performances all around town from June 18 to July 1.
- See Shakespearean theatre under the big top at Bard on the Beach in Vanier Park. Performances include The Comedy of Errors and King Lear, plus others (June 4 to Sept. 26).
- Take in a live concert. On tour in Vancouver this month are Bette Midler (June 2) and Shania Twain (June 7) at Rogers Arena, and Chicago (June 19) at the Hard Rock Casino.
- Take the family to see The Lion King, the hit Disney Broadway Musical at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre (June 18 to July 12).
- Celebrate Aboriginal Day celebrations at Trout Lake, with activities that include First Nation art demonstrations, vendors and dancing (June 21).
- Enjoy the free City of Bhangra Festival concerts outside the Vancouver Art Gallery in the early evenings of June 5 & 6.
- Spend the evening at one of the Lower Mainland’s famous night markets, either in Richmond every Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening, or at Shipbuilders’ Square on the North Shore on Fridays.
- Check out Hats off Day, a Burnaby street festival along Hastings Street (June 6).
- Celebrate being a pedestrian during Car Free Day on Commercial Drive, Denman Street or Main Street in Vancouver (June 21).
In addition to the above special events, other top June things to do in the Lower Mainland include getting outdoors and doing any of the following:
- Spend time in the region’s beautiful parks and nature.
- Explore Metro Vancouver’s best trails for walking, jogging a cycling.
- Kayak at Deep Cove in North Vancouver, or rent a canoe or kayak anywhere and enjoy time on the water.
- Play a game of volleyball or frisbee, or just hang out on any of the Lower Mainland’s best beaches.
- Run or cheer your friends on at the Scotiabank Half Marathon on Sunday, June 28.
- Take part in any of the region’s other great summertime activities.
- Do something special on June 21st for Father’s Day.
Check out our June Calendar for the full list of events and things to do in the month of June in Metro Vancouver.