Located in the West End, Robson Street is Vancouver’s best street for shopping. It’s a great place to find brand-name designer stores and restaurants.
Trendy Robson Street in West Vancouver
Robson Street offers a wide range of trendy and high fashion clothing stores. If you are young and like brand names like the GAP, Lululemon, Roots and Armani Exchange (plus all the other regular expensive and not so expensive brands), and you prefer to be outside instead of in a mall, then Robson Street is the place to shop. It’s also a great place for restaurants and people watching.
From mid-November until the end of February most years (weather permitting) there is free ice skating at Robson Square at the corner of Robson and Howe.
History of Robson Street
Robson Street is one of Vancouver’s oldest shopping districts. It was once known as Robsonstrasse as a result of the German and other European stores that opened after World War 2. The street still retains some of its old character, with a mix of old-style shops and modern shopping places.
Robson Street runs from BC Place at one end to Stanley Park at the other. In between visitors can find a selection of Vancouver landmarks including the Vancouver Public Library and UBC Robson Square (which hosts free ice skating each winter).
Places to Stay
In addition to being a popular shopping district, Robson Street is home to a selection of hotels. Lodging options range from modern, fancy hotels to unique and trendy places. A few of the places to stay on Robson Street are listed below.
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver – located at 900 West Georgia, it’s just a couple of blocks from Robson Square.
- Listel Hotel – a 3.5-star art-themed, environmentally-friendly hotel found in Vancouver’s West End at 1300 Robson Street.
- Sutton Place – at 855 Burrard Street in the heart of downtown Vancouver and just a couple of blocks from Robson Street.
- Hilton Vancouver Downtown Hotel – a 4.5-star modern hotel formerly known as the Westin Grand. It’s close to the Vancouver Public Library and located at 433 Robson Street.
Hotel Tip: When booking a hotel in downtown Vancouver, be sure to check out StayVancouverHotels.com. They often have extra good deals, and they always offer some kind of bonus perk when making a reservation.
To read more information about Robson Street and to see a store directory, visit Robson Street‘s website.
Other articles that may be of interest include:
- Robson Square
- The City of Vancouver
- Lower Mainland Festivals and Events
- Famous Vancouver Streets
- Best Places for Shopping
- Shopping Opportunities on Granville Island