Showboat Live Entertainment at Vancouver’s Kitsilano Beach
In April of 2023 a fire damaged the stage. Fortunately, free live entertainment still happened. This past year, shows ran on select nights between June 19th and August 13th. There weren’t as many performances as there were in 2022, but there was still lots to look forward to.
The shows feature local bands, choirs, dancers and other performing arts groups. Some performers are well-known and exceptional. Others are lesser known and less experienced. Showboat is a venue that showcases amateur bands, musicians and other artists. It’s all free though, and a nice addition to what is already one of Vancouver’s absolute best places. Kitsilano Beach is amazing!
Where is Kitsilano Showboat?
Kitsilano is a Vancouver neighbourhood located southwest of Vancouver’s downtown core. It’s west of Burrard Street, the Burrard Street Bridge and Granville Island, and it’s east of the University of British Columbia, Point Grey and Jericho Beach.
Kitsilano Beach itself is located in the northeast corner of the Kitsilano region not far from Vanier Park and places like the Vancouver Maritime Museum, Museum of Vancouver and H.R. MacMillan Space Centre.
Kitsilano Showboat is the stage and amphitheatre at the southwest end of Kitsilano Beach near the giant outdoor swimming pool. Its physical address is 2300 Cornwall Avenue.
The 2023 schedule as of mid-June is listed below. Exact details were subject to change and additional shows may have been added. Except for on July 1st, which is Canada Day, all the shows began at 7:00 pm.
Exact dates and details for the event in 2024 are still to be confirmed.
June Performances in 2023
- Monday, June 19th – Kitsilano High School Band
- Wednesday, June 21st – Spakwus Slolem Eagle Mask Dancers, Katisha Paul
- Friday, June 23rd – Vancouver Performing Stars, Rock Paper Moon
- Saturday, June 24th – Kitsilano Showboat Fundraiser with R Friends
- Tuesday, June 27th – Canada Multiculturalism Day Celebrations with Hadani Ditmar, Bright Sunset Chinese Dance Group, Kohania, and Norine Braun & Alice Fraser
- Friday, June 30th – 15th Field Regiment Band
Canada Day in 2023
The performances on Saturday, July 1st deserved their own separate mention as there were a big series of them. In addition to the main stage shows there were also other activities like face painting, cake eating and more.
- 3:10 pm – Yoga Buttons
- 3:45 pm – Vancouver Puppet Theater
- 4:00 pm – Story Time with Barry
- 4:15 pm – Clementine
- 5:00 pm – You Can Uke Too
- 5:45 pm – 5 on a String Bluegrass
- 7:00 pm – Hon Joyce Murray
- 7:15 pm – South Van Big Band
July Performances in 2023
- Friday, July 7th – Royal City Concert Band, West Vancouver Concert Band
- Saturday, July 8th – Halau Kla’O Ka Hula, Dunvegan Dance Academy
- Friday, July 14th – Walalei Wai Wai, Vancouver Dorfmusik
- Saturday, July 15th – Showboat Fundraiser with Kits Point Allstars
August Performances in 2023
- Friday, August 11th – Kits Fest
- Saturday, August 12th – Kits Fest
- Sunday, August 13th – Kits Fest
For more information about the series of summer concerts and performances, see the Kitsilano Showboat website.
To learn about Vancouver beaches and other things to do in the area, check out any of the following:
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver Summer Outdoor Concerts
- Vancouver Summer Outdoor Movies
- Vancouver’s June, July and August Events Calendars
- Festivals & Events Calendar