The Arts Club is a Vancouver theatre company that puts on plays and runs the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage and Goldcorp Stage.
2019 SHOWS AT THE ARTS CLUB
The following plays are scheduled for the fall and winter of 2018. Click the links for tickets and more information. Admission to each starts at between just $29 and $39 (which is a fabulous deal).
- The Matchmaker (Jan 24 – Feb 24, 2019)
- True Crime (Jan 31 – Feb 24, 2019)
- The Shoplifters (Feb 7 – March 9, 2019)
- Redpatch (March 7-31, 2019)
- The Orchard (After Checkhov) (March 21 – April 21, 2019)
- Bed & Breakfast (April 4 – May 4, 2019)
- The Great Leap (April 25 – May 19, 2019)
- Matilda The Musical (May 16 – July 14, 2019)
- Mom’s the Word: Nest 1/2 Empty (June 6 – July 20, 2019)
The Arts Club
Some of the best live theatre in Vancouver is put on by the Arts Club which is a non-profit organization and Canada’s largest theatre company west of Ontario. Over 250,000 people see its shows annually!
If you like high-quality live theatre, then shows by the Arts Club are great ones to see!
Arts Club Theatre Venues
Three different theatre venues belong to the Arts Club. They are the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage and Goldcorp Stage. Performances take place at all three locations. Each venue is also available for private groups to rent.
Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage
The Stanley is a 650-seat theatre located at 2750 Granville Street, by 12th Avenue, so just a few blocks south of West Broadway. It’s the largest of the Arts Club’s three venues and its building has been hosting both films and live shows since the early 1930s.
Granville Island Stage
Goldcorp Stage at the BMO Theatre Centre
The Goldcorp Stage is a 250-seat Studio Theatre located at 162 West 1st Avenue, so not far from Vancouver’s Olympic Village.
To see what’s showing and to buy tickets, click Arts Club Theatre.
For more information about the Arts Club, its shows and various venues, check out the Arts Club‘s official website.
For details about rental opportunities at the various theatres, click Arts Club Rentals.
For information about other shows, performing arts companies and major events in the Lower Mainland, check out the following:
- Shows & Entertainment Calendar
- Vancouver Theatre Companies and Venues
- Entertainment in Vancouver
- Festivals and Events Calendar
Looking for guided walking tours by professional actors in Vancouver? Then check out Forbidden Vancouver.