Vancouver’s Arts Club Theatre Company puts on plays and runs the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage and Goldcorp Stage.
The Arts Club
Some of the best live theatre in Vancouver is put on by the Arts Club which is a non-profit organization and Canada’s largest theatre company west of Ontario. Over 250,000 people see its shows annually!
If you like high-quality live theatre, then shows by the Arts Club are great ones to see!
Arts Club Shows in 2019
The following plays are scheduled for the summer, fall and winter of 2019. Click the links for tickets and more information. Admission to each starts at between about $29 and $39 (which is a fabulous deal).
- The Sound of Music (November 7th, 2019, to January 5th, 2020)
- It’s a Wonderful Christmas-ish Holiday Miracle (November 21st to December 22nd, 2019)
- Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley (December 5th to January 4th, 2020)
Arts Club Shows in 2020
The following plays are scheduled for the winter, spring and summer of 2020:
- The Sound of Music (January 1st to 5th, 2020)
- Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley (January 1st to 4th, 2020)
- Noises Off (January 23rd to February 23rd, 2020)
- Cipher (February 6th to March 7th, 2020)
- The Wedding Party (February 27th to March 22nd, 2020)
- Carried Away on the Crest of a Wave (March 19th to April 19th, 2020)
- Every Brilliant Thing (April 2nd to April 26th, 2020)
- ‘Da Kink in my Hair (April 16th to May 16th, 2020)
- Kinky Boots (May 21st to July 5th, 2020)
- Peter Pan Goes Wrong (July 25th to August 23rd, 2020)
Arts Club Theatre Venues
Three different theatre venues belong to the Arts Club Theatre Company. They are the Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, Granville Island Stage and Goldcorp Stage. Performances take place at all three locations. Each venue is also available for private groups to rent.
Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage
The Stanley is a 650-seat theatre located at 2750 Granville Street, by 12th Avenue, so just a few blocks south of West Broadway. It’s the largest of the Arts Club’s three venues and its building has been hosting both films and live shows since the early 1930s.
Granville Island Stage
Goldcorp Stage at the BMO Theatre Centre
The Goldcorp Stage is a 250-seat Studio Theatre located at 162 West 1st Avenue, so not far from Vancouver’s Olympic Village.
To see what’s showing and to buy tickets, click Arts Club Theatre.
Tips and Advice
Below are some suggestions and extra information to help you make the most out of your show experience with the Arts Club.
TIP #1: Give yourself lots of time to get to the venue and find parking. The last thing you want is the stress of getting stuck in traffic and arriving late.
TIP #2: Parking at Granville Island after 6 o’clock is free.
TIP #3: After arriving early, kill some time by going for a walk or having a refreshment at a nearby coffee shop, bar or restaurant. Olympic Village and the False Creek waterfront are close to the Goldcorp Stage, Granville Island is a great place to explore, and Granville Street around the Stanley Industrial Stage has a fair number of interesting shops.
TIP #4: The Stanley, Granville Island Stage and Goldcorp Stage are all located in parts of town with a good number of excellent bars and restaurants. Go early and enjoy dinner before the show.
TIP #5: The Arts Club has a number of theatre partner restaurants. Show your same-day theatre ticket to one of them and get a 15% discount off your bill. (Alcohol and already-discounted items are excluded.) Click Theatre Partner Discounts for details.
TIP #6: The Arts Club is a great theatre company. The odds of their shows being good and you liking them are very high.
For more information about the Arts Club Theatre Company, its shows and various venues, check out the Arts Club‘s official website.
For information about other shows, performing arts companies and major events in the Lower Mainland, check out the following:
- Shows & Entertainment Calendar
- Vancouver Theatre Companies and Venues
- Entertainment in Vancouver
- Festivals and Events Calendar