The Squamish Wind Festival is a community event in July that features concerts, art displays, the performing arts, an outdoor movie and other activities.
In 2018 the festival takes place July 26-28.
July Wind Festival in Squamish
The Squamish Wind Festival for the Arts is an annual event with a focus on both visual and performing arts.
At the festival there is usually a free outdoor movie on one night, a farmers market on the Saturday, and live music, a beer garden and a food truck hub at various times throughout the weekend. In previous years there were also water and wind sport demonstrations, but not since 2016.
When and Where
The three-day Squamish Wind Festival takes place on the last Thursday, Friday and Saturday in July in the town of Squamish which is located 45 minutes from Vancouver along the Sea to Sky Highway.
In 2018 the festival runs from Thursday, July 26, until Saturday, July 28.
The festival venue is primarily around Cleveland Avenue in downtown Squamish between Victoria Street and Main Street.
Known as the “Outdoor Recreation Capital of the World,” Squamish is home to some of the region’s premier outdoor recreation venues, including Stawamus Chief Mountain (for hiking), the Sea to Sky Gondola, and Squamish Spit (for kite boarding).
Wind Festival Events
Below are some of the highlights of the Squamish Wind Festival for 2017. 2018 details will be similar.
On Thursday, July 27, 2017
- 2 to 8 pm: Grand Opening of Wind Festival Art Exhibit – music and works of local art at the Squamish Arts Council building at 37950 Cleveland Avenue in Junction Park.
- 7 to 9 pm: Emerging Artists Concert Series – performances by up-and-coming musicians from the region at the Squamish Arts Council building at 37950 Cleveland Avenue.
On Friday, July 28, 2017
- 3 to 9 pm: Wind Festival Art Exhibit – works of local art at the Squamish Arts Council building in Junction Park.
- 7 to 11 pm: Movie Under the Stars – an outdoor movie in Junction Park at 37950 Cleveland Avenue. The film starts at around 9:30 pm but there will be bouncy castles and children’s activities all evening.
On Saturday, July 29, 2017
- 10 am to 3 pm: Squamish Farmers Market – artisan and farmers market vendor stalls in downtown Squamish.
- 11 am to 4 pm: Wind Festival Art Exhibit – works of local art at the Squamish Arts Council building in Junction Park.
- 11 am to 3 pm: Artisan Alley – works of art for sale by area artists.
See the Squamish Wind Festival website for more details about this fun cultural event in Squamish.