The Squamish Wind Festival is a community event in July that features concerts, art displays, the performing arts, an outdoor movie and other activities.
In 2017 the Squamish Wind Festival takes place July 27-29.
July Wind Festival in Squamish
At the Squamish Wind Festival there is a free outdoor movie on one night, a farmers market on the Saturday, and live music, a beer garden and a food truck hub at various times throughout the weekend. In previous years there were also water and wind sport demonstrations, but no longer as of 2017.
When and Where
The three-day Squamish Wind Festival takes place in late July in the town of Squamish which is located 45 minutes from Vancouver along the Sea to Sky Highway. In 2017 the festival runs from Thursday, July 27, until Saturday, July 29.
The festival venue is primarily around Cleveland Avenue in downtown Squamish between Victoria Street and Main Street.
Known as the “Outdoor Recreation Capital of the World,” Squamish is home to some of the region’s premier outdoor recreation venues, including Stawamus Chief Mountain (for hiking), the Sea to Sky Gondola, and Squamish Spit (for kite boarding).
Wind Festival Events
Below are some of the highlights of the Squamish Wind Festival for 2017. Click Festival Music Lineup for information about the concerts schedule.
On Thursday, July 27, 2017
- 2 to 8 pm: Grand Opening of Wind Festival Art Exhibit – music and works of local art at the Squamish Arts Council building at 37950 Cleveland Avenue in Junction Park.
- 7 to 9 pm: Emerging Artists Concert Series – performances by up-and-coming musicians from the region at the Squamish Arts Council building at 37950 Cleveland Avenue.
On Friday, July 28, 2017
- 3 to 9 pm: Wind Festival Art Exhibit – works of local art at the Squamish Arts Council building in Junction Park.
- 7 to 11 pm: Movie Under the Stars – an outdoor movie in Junction Park at 37950 Cleveland Avenue. The film starts at around 9:30 pm but there will be bouncy castles and children’s activities all evening.
On Saturday, July 29, 2017
- 10 am to 3 pm: Squamish Farmers Market – artisan and farmers market vendor stalls in downtown Squamish.
- 11 am to 4 pm: Wind Festival Art Exhibit – works of local art at the Squamish Arts Council building in Junction Park.
- 11 am to 3 pm: Artisan Alley – works of art for sale by area artists.
See the Squamish Wind Festival website for more details about this fun cultural event in Squamish.