It’s going to be an extra special Easter weekend this year with World Cup soccer, the Auto Show, a Tulip Festival, Cherry Blossom Festival, a vintage car rally and more.
Happy Easter Weekend 2016!
In addition to the regular Easter bunnies hiding eggs, church bells ringing and people going out for brunch, this year’s Easter will be one to remember for the following reasons:
- Easter Events – egg hunts and other fun family-friendly activities all around town. See Easter Long Weekend for a full list of traditional things to do at over two dozen locations.
- Easter Fun Run & Walk – 1K and 5K runs plus an Easter egg hunt in Stanley Park on March 27. Young children, kids in strollers and Easter costumes all encouraged to participate. Cost is $10-$25.
- Easter Scavenger Hunt and Egg Scrambler – Easter egg hunts and other activities at Fort Langley at 11, 1 and 3 pm on March 27. See Metro Vancouver Easter Events for other similar events in other parts of the Lower Mainland.
- Easter Paintball Egg Hunt – an Easter Sunday event with a military twist at North Shore Paintball in North Vancouver, the event offers up to $10,000 worth of prizes.
- FIFA World Cup Soccer – Canadian Men’s National Team vs. Mexico in World Cup qualifying match at BC Place Stadium on Friday night. A capacity crowd is expected. Good luck finding tickets if you don’t already have them!
- Vancouver International Auto Show – at the Vancouver Convention Centre every day until Sunday. It’s an amazing place to be if you love cars and/or want to escape from the rain. Highly recommended! Highlights include a Batmobile replica and 007 James Bond’s Aston Martin DB5, not to mention all the Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Alfa Romeos and other fancy wheels on display.
- Abbotsford Tulip Festival – first day of the season is on Friday for the 10 acres of tulip fields open to the public in Abbotsford at 36737 North Parallel Road (March 25 – May 1).
- Easter Vintage Car Rally – a gathering of over 90 vintage vehicles at the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre from 10:30 to 1 pm on Easter Sunday.
- $2.99 Movies at Cineplex – a $2.99 showing of the Easter-themed movie Hop at the Cineplex International Village Theatre in Chinatown, SilverCity Riverpoint in Richmond and SilverCity Coquitlam at 11 am on Saturday.
- Sakura Illumination – a free evening of cherry blossom viewing and light displays at Queen Elizabeth Park as part of the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival on the Saturday.
- Vancouver Chamber Choir – The Love that Moves the Universe Bach, Handel & Schafer concert at 8 pm on Good Friday at the Orpheum at 601 Smithe Street.
- Lower Mainland Skiing – there is fresh snow on the local ski hills, and there’s forecast to be a bit of sunshine on the weekend too. Looks like great conditions for spring skiing, plus lots of great ski deals at all the mountains.
Happy Easter Vancouver!