Summer Cinema is a series of FREE outdoor movies showing once a week on Tuesday evenings in Vancouver’s Stanley Park on the lawn by Second Beach in summer.
2018 SUMMER CINEMA LINEUP
In 2018 Stanley Park’s Summer Cinema runs every Tuesday evening from July 3rd until August 21st.
New for 2018, you get to help choose what movies will be shown! One of two movies is tentatively scheduled for each evening. Anyone who wants can vote for their preference up until May 31st. The winning film lineup will then be announced on June 5th.
See below for the list of movie options and click Fresh Air Cinema to vote for your choice!
Movie Nights at Stanley Park in 2018
Presented by Fresh Air Cinema, the movies run from early July until around the third week of August and take place at Ceperley Meadow beside Second Beach.
Shows are all free and start at dusk, which is at about 9:30 pm at the first show and at around 8:30 with the last (plus or minus).
Summer Cinema Schedule
Eight of the sixteen movies listed below are scheduled for the summer of 2018 (all of which are rated either PG or G).
Note: Show times and film details are subject to change. Only one film will be shown each evening, and that movie will be confirmed on June 5, 2018.
- July 3, 2018 – Batman (1989) or The Princess Bride (1987)
- July 10, 2018 – Spice World (1997) or Xanadu (1980)
- July 17, 2018 – Say Anything … (1989) or Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
- July 24, 2018 – The Lion King (1994) or Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
- July 31, 2018 – Mean Girls (2004) or Clueless (1995)
- August 7, 2018 – Sing-along Grease (1978) or Cool Runnings (1993)
- August 14, 2018 – Stand By Me (1986) or Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
- August 21, 2018 – Titanic (1997) or The Notebook (2004)
Click Stanley Park Summer Cinema for more information.
Bring your own blankets or deck chairs, and dress warmly, especially towards the end of the summer.
TIP: Get there early to find parking and a good spot to set up your blanket or lawn chair.
For more information, check out the official Summer Cinema website.
Other Free Outdoor Movies
Stanley Park isn’t the only place to find free outdoor movies in the Lower Mainland in the summer. In fact, there are usually over 50 films showing at different venues throughout the region. Click Lower Mainland Outdoor Movies for information on other venues.