Summer Cinema is a series of FREE outdoor movies showing once a week on Tuesday evenings in Vancouver’s Stanley Park on the lawn by Second Beach in summer.
2019 SUMMER CINEMA DATES
In 2019 Stanley Park’s Summer Cinema runs every Tuesday evening from July 2nd until August 20th.
Movie Nights at Stanley Park
The movies at Stanley Park run from early July until around the third or fourth week of August. They take place at Ceperley Meadow beside Second Beach.
Shows are all free and start at dusk, which is at about 9:30 pm at the first show and at around 8:30 with the last (plus or minus).
Summer Cinema Schedule
Below are the listed movies for the 2019 cinema season.
Note: Show times and film details are subject to change.
- July 2, 2019 – Wayne’s World (1992): it starts at around 9:20 pm and is rated PG.
- July 9, 2019 – Beetlejuice (1988): it starts at around 9:15 pm and is rated PG.
- July 16, 2019 – Shrek (2001): it starts at around 9:10 pm and is rated PG.
- July 23, 2019 – Sleepless in Seattle (1993): it starts at around 9:05 pm and is rated PG.
- July 30, 2019 – Moulin Rouge (2001): it starts at around 8:55 pm and is rated PG.
- August 6, 2019 – Finding Nemo (2003): it starts at around 8:45 pm and is rated G.
- August 13, 2019 – Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004): it starts at around 8:30 pm and is rated PG.
- August 20, 2019 – Jurassic Park (1993): it starts at around 8:20 pm and is rated PG.
Tips and Advice
TIP #1: Bring your own blankets or deck chairs, and dress warmly, especially towards the end of the summer.
TIP #2: Get there early to find parking and a good spot to set up your blanket or lawn chair.
Other Free Outdoor Movies
Stanley Park isn’t the only place to find free outdoor movies in the Lower Mainland in the summer. In fact, there are usually over 50 films showing at different venues throughout the region. Click Lower Mainland Outdoor Movies for information on other venues.