Don’t worry if it’s rainy around Halloween in 2021. Fortunately there are lots of great indoor things going on in Metro Vancouver, both for kids and adults.
Below is a description of some of the best ways to celebrate Halloween indoors this year in the rain.
Rainy Day Halloween Activities
Here is a list of Halloween-ish activities that are indoors or at least mostly indoors. Also, be sure to check out Vancouver’s October Events Calendar for other great indoor activities going on in town, Vancouver’s Best Rainy Day Activities for a list of best indoor things to do in general, or Vancouver Halloween Events for a list of both indoor and outdoor Halloween activities.
Vancouver Halloween in the Rain
- Halloween Cruises with Vancouver Boat Parties – a fun place to be on a rainy weekend night around Halloween is on a party boat in the waters of False Creek and Coal Harbour. There are multiple opportunities to dance on a luxury yacht in 2021 including the following:
- Vancouver Horror Show Film Festival – taking place in a mostly online format for the second straight year. The festival runs from October 26th to 31st in 2021, although the movies can be watched up until November 7th.
- FlyOver Canada – the multi-dimensional theatre at Canada Place has a Halloween theme in the late afternoons and evenings during October. In 2021 the films run from September 27th until October 31st.
Langley Indoor Venues
One of the Lower Mainland’s best indoor Halloween attractions is at a residential home in Langley.
- Brinkworth Dungeon – located at 22260 48th Avenue, this is an impressive indoor haunted house. They even have a covered shelter area so guests can stay dry while they wait to get in. Inside you can expect to see a variety of wax museum-quality scenes including a number of them from famous horror movies.
North Vancouver Indoor Venues
The following haunted house is in a private residential home and at least partly (but not 100%) indoors. It’s also free (or actually by donation).
- The Haunt of Edgemont – an impressive haunted house at a family’s home at 3414 Emerald Drive near North Vancouver’s Edgemont Village. Admission is free, but donations for the BC Professional Firefighters Burn Fund are gratefully accepted. In 2021 it operates in the evenings from October 15th until the 31st.
Richmond Halloween Under Shelter
- Halloween at the Cannery – special Halloween activities take place at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery at 12138 Fourth Avenue in Steveston Village on October 23rd and 24th in 2021. There is also the “haunted sea” event from October 2nd to 31st.
Indoor Squamish Region Activities
- Bad to the Bone at Britannia Mine – Halloween fun happens at Britannia Mine on October 23rd-24th and 30th-31st from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm in 2021. The cost is $20 for those over 12 and $15 for children, but free for those under age 5.
Dry Surrey Halloween Places
- Cougar Creek’s House of Horrors – two of the Lower Mainland’s best and scariest haunted attractions are at 12530-72nd Avenue. Formerly known as Potter’s House of Horrors, the lineup area is under shelter and both houses are indoors. Not recommended for children! Open October 1st and 2nd, 7th to 10th, 14th to 17th and 19th to 31st in 2021.
Other Halloween and Fall Activities
In addition to the above, other recreation and community centres put on special Halloween swimming and skating events over the weekend before Halloween, and many shopping malls and districts are offer fun trick-or-treating opportunities to dress up at too. Check the websites of centres near you.
In addition to the haunted houses mentioned above, there are many more great venues scattered throughout the region. Check out our full list of Lower Mainland Haunted Houses for more information.
For a list of other things to do at Halloween with children, including outdoor trains and haunted museums, see Vancouver Children’s Halloween Activities.
For more ideas on things to do in the fall in the Lower Mainland at other times, check out the following:
- Vancouver’s Best Places in Autumn
- Halloween for Adults
- Vancouver’s October Calendar
- Vancouver’s November Calendar
- Vancouver Shows and Entertainment