Don’t worry if it’s rainy around Halloween. Fortunately there are lots of great indoor things going on in Metro Vancouver, both for kids and adults.
Below is a description of some of the best ways to celebrate Halloween indoors in the rain.
Vancouver Rainy Day Activities at Halloween
Below is a list of Halloween-ish activities that are indoors or at least mostly indoors. Also, be sure to check out Vancouver’s October Events Calendar or Vancouver’s Best Rainy Day Activities for the best indoor things to do in general. For nightclub activities, see our article about Vancouver on the Halloween Weekend. For a list of both indoor and outdoor Halloween activities, click Vancouver Halloween Events.
Vancouver Halloween in the Rain
- Dia de Muertos Latin Market – a free Latin American Heritage Month event featuring food stalls, market vendors and entertainment on Granville Island in the afternoon and evening on October 29th and 30th..
- FlyOver Canada – the multi-dimensional theatre at Canada Place has a Halloween theme in the late afternoons and evenings during October. In 2022 the films run from September 29th until October 31st.
- Fright Nights – the haunted houses are back at the PNE in 2022! That means that there are both indoor and outdoor things to do at the popular Halloween attraction. You’ll still get wet going from one house to the other, but just think – the line ups won’t be as long as if the weather was good!
- Halloween Cruises with Vancouver Boat Parties – a fun place to be on a rainy weekend night around Halloween is on a party boat in the waters of False Creek and Coal Harbour. You’ll want to be on an inside deck though, or wear a waterproof costume if it’s raining hard. Events in 2022 include the following:
- Halloween Havoc Boat Party (on Saturday, October 29th)
- Halloween Glow in the Dark Boat Party (on Saturday, November 5th)
Indoor Coquitlam Activities
- Vancouver Horror Nights – a huge haunted attraction in Coquitlam Centre shopping mall, located at 2929 Barnet Highway. There are two haunted houses, five escape rooms and two kid-friendly experiences. In 2022 the attraction is open on select days between October 13th and November 5th.
Langley Indoor Venues
One of the Lower Mainland’s best indoor Halloween attractions is at a residential home in Langley.
- Brinkworth Dungeon – located at 22260 48th Avenue, this is an impressive indoor haunted house. They even have a covered shelter area so guests can stay dry while they wait to get in. Inside you can expect to see a variety of wax museum-quality scenes including a number of them from famous horror movies.
Richmond Halloween Under Shelter
- Halloween at the Cannery – special Halloween activities take place at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery at 12138 Fourth Avenue in Steveston Village from October 15th until the 31st in 2022. The venue has a “haunted sea” theme.
Indoor Squamish Region Activities
- Treasures of the Deep at Britannia Mine – in 2022 the Halloween fun happens at Britannia Mine on October 15th & 16th, 22nd & 23rd and 30th & 31st. Hours of operation are from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm. The cost is $25 for those over age 12 and $15 for children, but free for those under age 3. It’s not all indoors, but much of it is.
Dry Surrey Halloween Places
- Cougar Creek’s House of Horrors – a couple of the Lower Mainland’s best and scariest haunted attractions are at 12530-72nd Avenue. Formerly known as Potter’s House of Horrors, the lineup area is under shelter and the houses are indoors. Not recommended for children! Open on select dates between October 7th and the 31st in 2022.
Other Halloween and Fall Activities
In addition to the above, other recreation and community centres put on special Halloween swimming and skating events over the weekend before Halloween, and many shopping malls and districts offer fun trick-or-treating opportunities to dress up at too. Check the websites of centres near you.
In addition to the haunted houses mentioned above, there are many more great venues scattered throughout the region. Check out our full list of Lower Mainland Haunted Houses for more information.
For a list of other things to do at Halloween with children, including outdoor trains and haunted museums, see Vancouver Children’s Halloween Activities.
For more ideas on things to do in the fall in the Lower Mainland at other times, check out the following:
- Vancouver’s Best Places in Autumn
- Halloween for Adults
- Vancouver’s October Calendar
- Vancouver’s November Calendar
- Vancouver Shows and Entertainment