Halloween activities for adults in Metro Vancouver include night club events, haunted houses, costume parties and other fun yet spooky stuff.
This article contains information about the following topics:
Halloween for Adults in Metro Vancouver
Below is a list of fun Halloween things to do for adults. Activities include walking tours and haunted houses, plus other fun events. At the bottom of our list we also include night club parties that took place the year before, but not in 2020. Some of the night club events will likely happen again in 2021, although not all of them.
Fun activities for adults that are taking place in 2021 are Halloween Boat Parties. Five of them are happening on the Friday and Saturday of October 29th and 30th.
Another place to look for things to do is our article about the Vancouver on the Halloween Weekend.
Spooky Adult Walking Tours
Walking tours in Vancouver aren’t only for tourists! They are also a fun way for adults to have fun, especially at Halloween.
Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours is a local family-owned company that offers a selection of guided walking tours throughout the year, including fabulously spooky ones in October. Small groups are guided through the streets and back alleys of downtown Vancouver, or along the Seawall and forested trails of Stanley Park, all depending on which tour you select.
Each tour is led by a tour guide (who in the case of the Lost Souls of Gastown is a professional actor). The tours cost around $29, or $26 for students, plus or minus a couple of dollars. They are all excellent and good value for your money!
The tours listed below with Forbidden Vancouver are for adults, although the second one (in Stanley Park) is good for anyone ages 14+. The Lost Souls of Gastown route is the main “Halloween” tour. Both though are fun to take any time.
- Lost Souls of Gastown – on these tours through the streets and back lanes of historic Gastown you’ll be entertained while learning about Vancouver’s early days. Tours start downtown in the square across the street from the Holy Rosary Cathedral. They finish about 90 minutes (and 1 kilometre) later in Gastown at Maple Tree Square. We’ve done this tour at Halloween and it was so much fun!
- Dark Secrets of Stanley Park – these tours take place from April until November. As the name suggests, the tours go through world-famous Stanley Park, both along the seawall and through forested trails. The tours depart from outside the Vancouver Aquarium. Lasting for about two hours, they are a most interesting way to explore and learn about beautiful Stanley Park!
Haunted Houses at Halloween
There are dozens of great haunted houses in the region in years when there isn’t a pandemic. In 2021, places offering a haunted experience include Potter’s (now Cougar Creek’s) House of Horrors in Surrey, Brinkworth Dungeon in Langley, the Haunted Corn Maze at Maan Farms in Abbotsford and Reaper’s Maze of Terror in Chilliwack.
A few of the above are suitable for older children, but many are best for older teens and young adults.
Click Lower Mainland Haunted Houses for a list of all the great spooky places in Vancouver and the surrounding region.
Halloween Adventure Games
Vancouver Mysteries offers games for groups of between two and six friends in downtown Vancouver. The games are like escape room challenges, but where everything is outside in the streets and on the sidewalks of the city.
The games take place daily. For Halloween there is one where you get to solve a crime and another where you get to go on a secret mission. To learn more see the Vancouver Mysteries website.
Halloween Horror Movies
Just in time for Halloween, the Vancouver Horror Show Film Festival is a great event for people who like scary movies. It usually takes place on the weekend just before Halloween. A couple years ago the event was two days long and showcased over thirty short horror films from a variety of different countries.
In 2021 the festival happens in a mostly online format, although it does include one live in-person event. It also runs for six days (plus the films can be watched online for a whole additional week after that too). About four dozen films are featured.
Tickets for the film festival in a recent year have ranged from about $17.50 to $22.50 per session, or either $35 or $40 per day (plus online fees).
In 2021 tickets to the live in-person opening day event cost $25. Single day tickets for films on the other days cost $10, or $45 for all five days. For $60 you can see all five days of films plus attend the opening day event.
Click Vancouver Horror Show Film Festival to learn more.
Night Club Halloween Parties & Cruises
On the weekend and week leading up to Halloween various adult-only events take place in Metro Vancouver. They include boat parties and night club events.
Halloween Boat Parties
Below is a list of Halloween Boat Parties that take place on the Halloween Weekend of October 29th and 30th in 2021. They are dance party cruises that depart from downtown Vancouver. In all cases, to participate, proof of double vaccination status is required.
- Freaky Friday Halloween Boat Party – a floating nightclub on the Burrard Queen yacht on Friday, October 29th.
- Vancouver Halloween Boat Party – a giant floating party on the Magic Spirit on October 29th. It takes place on the Magic Spirit which is a vessel with three levels and a massive outer deck. The party begins and ends in Coal Harbour at the docks in front of the Westin Bayshore Hotel. (Cancelled.)
- Halloween Boat Party Vancouver – a giant floating Halloween party on the Magic Spirit on Saturday, October 30th. This trip also departs from docks outside the Westin Bayshore in Coal Harbour. (Cancelled.)
- Lost in Sea Halloween Boat Party – a floating nightclub on the Burrard Queen on October 30th.
Halloween Night Club Events
Below is a list of some of the options that happen in typical years. None took place in 2020, and some may return in 2021. Exact details for most events are to be confirmed.
- Kitty Nights Halloween Homecoming – an old-school burlesque bash at the Biltmore Cabaret in Vancouver with shows at 7:00 pm and 9:30 pm. (On Sunday, October 24th, 2021.)
- PASSION PORTAL Halloween: Haunted Forest Of Bass – an all-bass music enchanted forest-themed party at the Imperial in Vancouver. (On Friday, October 29th, 2021.)
- Bye Felicia Dead Idols Halloween Drag Party – a drag party-themed dance party at the Biltmore Cabaret. (On Saturday, October 30th, 2021.)
- Halloween Costume Ball – a Halloween party at Science World. Tickets start at around $70. (On Saturday, October 30th, 2021.)
Other Halloween Events for Adults
There are a number of other Halloween events that are great for people of all ages, but especially for adults. These include the following:
- Parade of Lost Souls – a grassroots Halloween parade event starting at 7 pm where the exact location isn’t revealed until midnight on the Friday before Halloween. Donations of $5 are encouraged. The 2021 parade is on October 30th.
- Click Vancouver Haunted Houses for a list of more spooky places in the Lower Mainland.
Halloween Activities for Children
Of course Halloween isn’t just for adults. For a list of family-friendly and only-moderately-spooky fun check out Vancouver Children’s Halloween Activities.
Activities you’ll find here include miniature train rides and attractions designed especially for children and young families.
Other Activities in October
Interested in learning about other great activities in the month of October? Then check out the following:
- Vancouver on the Halloween Weekend
- Vancouver’s Best Places in Autumn
- Vancouver’s October Calendar
- Vancouver Shows and Entertainment
- Vancouver Halloween Events
- Halloween Haunted Houses
- Vancouver Pumpkin Patches