Halloween activities for adults in Metro Vancouver include night club events, haunted houses, costume parties and other fun yet spooky stuff.
This article contains information about the following topics:
Walking Tours | Haunted Houses | Night Club Parties | Other Events
Halloween for Adults in Metro Vancouver
Below is a list of fun Halloween things to do for adults. Activities include walking tours and haunted houses, plus other fun events. At the bottom of our list we also include night club parties that took place in 2019, but not in 2020. Some of the night club events happened again in 2021, although not all of them.
Fun activities for adults that take place in 2022 include Halloween Boat Parties. One happens in late October and another in early November.
Another place to look for things to do is our article about Vancouver on the Halloween Weekend.
Spooky Adult Walking Tours
Walking tours aren’t only for tourists! They are also a fun way for adults to have fun, especially at Halloween. There are spooky tours in both Gastown and Stanley Park with Forbidden Vancouver. There are also Grave Tales walking tours in Fort Langley.
Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours is a local family-owned company that offers a selection of guided walking tours throughout the year, including fabulously spooky ones in October. Small groups are guided through the streets and back alleys of downtown Vancouver, or along the Seawall and forested trails of Stanley Park, all depending on which tour you select.
In addition to the above tours with Forbidden Vancouver, there are also exceptional walking tours in Fort Langley. Hosted by the Fort Langley National Historic Site, the Grave Tales tours happen on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between October 14th and November 6th. The adult tours are quite scary, hugely popular and sell out well in advance.
Haunted Houses at Halloween
There are dozens of great haunted houses in the region in years when there isn’t a pandemic. In 2022, places offering a haunted experience include Brinkworth Dungeon in Langley, the Haunted Corn Maze at Maan Farms in Abbotsford and Reaper’s Maze of Terror in Chilliwack.
In Vancouver there is also Fright Nights at Playland, which features amusement rides, haunted houses, midway games and other entertainment. Don’t Flinch in Chinatown and Art Immortal at the Beaumont Studios were supposed to happen this year, but both have been postponed until 2023. The first was going to feel like being in a seriously scary horror movie. The second was designed by the same people behind the hugely popular Tours of the Recently Deceased and Shattered from previous years.
FlyOver Canada isn’t a haunted house, but it is a fun place to visit, and they do offer an awesome family-friendly experience at Halloween. The film HowlOver Canada shows every day of the month in October. There is also The Empty Chest in Burnaby which offers Dungeons & Dragons-like adventures.
A few of the above are suitable for older children, but most are best for older teens and young adults.
Click Lower Mainland Haunted Houses to learn about the above and other spooky places in Vancouver and the surrounding region in 2022.
Halloween Adventure Games
Vancouver Mysteries offers games for groups of between two and six friends in downtown Vancouver. The games are like escape room challenges, but where everything is outside in the streets and on the sidewalks of the city.
The games take place daily. For Halloween there is one where you get to solve a crime and another where you get to go on a secret mission. To learn more see the Vancouver Mysteries website.
Night Club Halloween Parties & Cruises
On the weekend and week leading up to Halloween various adult-only events take place in Metro Vancouver. They include boat parties and night club events.
Halloween Boat Parties
Below is a list of Halloween Boat Parties that take place on the Halloween Weekend of October 28th to 30th and November 5th in 2022. They are dance party cruises that depart from downtown Vancouver.
- Halloween Havoc Boat Party – a floating nightclub on the Burrard Queen yacht on Friday, October 29th.
- Vancouver Halloween Glow in the Dark Boat Party – a floating glow in the dark Halloween party on the Burrard Queen on Saturday, November 5th.
Halloween Pub and Night Club Events
Below is a list of some of the options happening in 2022.
- Cyborg Ball – a science fiction-themed Halloween dance party at Vancouver’s Beaumont Studios. (Saturday, October 29th, 2022.)
- Scariest Halloween Party – a big party with a costume contest and nightclub-style atmosphere at Enso at 10:00 pm. Tickets start at about $20. (Friday, October 28th, 2022.)
- Halloween Costume Ball – a Halloween party at Science World at 9:00 pm. Tickets start at around $55. (Saturday, October 29th, 2022.)
- Man Up Halloween Area 550 – a drag party with an alien theme at The Warehouse along Malkin Avenue in Vancouver. Tickets start at $20 and the event begins at 9:00 pm. (Saturday, October 29th, 2022.)
- Sunwave Halloween – The Haunting at Heritage Hall is a techno party at the Vancouver Heritage Hall. The rave kicks off at 6:00 pm and tickets start at about $40. (Saturday, October 29th, 2022.)
- Levels Nightclub – a scary and sexy party with a costume contest and two dance floors at 8:00 pm at the Levels Nightclub. Tickets start at about $20 each. (Saturday, October 29th, 2022.)
- Slice Up Your Life – the 7th annual Halloween-themed dance party at The Fox Cabaret nightclub. There are two floors of fun, a photoshoot and a costume contest. The event begins at 10:30 pm and tickets start at $20. (Saturday, October 29th, 2022.)
- HELL-O-WEEN! – a costume dance party with alternative music takes place at The Wise Hall in Vancouver. Tickets start at just over $10 each and the party runs from 7:00 pm until midnight on Halloween day. (Monday, October 31st, 2022.)
Halloween Parties in Other Communities
- Halloween Howl – a fundraising event for the Surrey Hospice Society at Rusty’s Pub in Cloverdale. The event includes karaoke, burgers, beer and a costume contest on October 29th in 2022.
- Stranger Things Halloween – a costume party with a Stranger Things theme takes place at Taphouse locations in Surrey and Coquitlam. The parties begin at 10:00 pm and tickets are as low as $16 each. (Saturday, October 29th, 2022.)
Other Halloween Events for Adults
There are a number of other Halloween events that are great for people of all ages, but especially for adults. These include the following:
- Parade of Lost Souls – a grassroots Halloween parade event starting at 7 pm where the exact location isn’t revealed until midnight on the Friday before Halloween. Donations of $5 are encouraged. The 2022 parade is on October 29th.
- Click Vancouver Haunted Houses for a list of more spooky places in the Lower Mainland.
Halloween Activities for Children
Of course Halloween isn’t just for adults. For a list of family-friendly and only-moderately-spooky fun check out Vancouver Children’s Halloween Activities.
Activities you’ll find here include miniature train rides and attractions designed especially for children and young families.
Other Activities in October
Interested in learning about other great activities in the month of October? Then check out the following:
- Vancouver on the Halloween Weekend
- Best Places in Autumn
- Vancouver’s October Calendar
- Vancouver Shows and Entertainment
- Lower Mainland Halloween Events
- Halloween Haunted Houses
- Vancouver Pumpkin Patches