Visitors from out of town who plan to attend conferences or explore Metro Vancouver can find a number of great hotels and places to stay in Surrey.
Hotels in Surrey
The City of Surrey is the second largest municipality in the Lower Mainland. It is a growing place with a diverse population. Surrey is south of New Westminster and Coquitlam. It is also west of Langley and immediately north of the United States border.
It is usually less expensive to stay in Surrey compared to Vancouver. The hotels listed below maintain ratings of at least 3 stars. Typical amenities include free high-speed Internet and access to on-site exercise rooms.
If looking for a place to stay within the City of Vancouver, be sure to check out our article about StayVancouverHotels. StayVancouverHotels.com is a website that offers competitive rates, but also bonus perks when you make a reservation. It only serves downtown Vancouver hotels though, so doesn’t offer special incentives with Surrey hotels.
Surrey’s Best Hotels
A few of the best and most popular hotels in Surrey include the following:
- The Sheraton Guildford – one of the city’s largest hotels. It’s located at 15269 104th Avenue and part of the Marriott group of hotels. The Sheraton is beside Guildford Town Centre and only 15 minutes away from Burnaby and Coquitlam. Conferences often take place here.
- Civic Hotel – a new, modern hotel located at 13475 Central Avenue in the middle of Surrey. It’s a tall skinny skyscraper-style building right by Surrey City Hall and within walking distance from Central City Shopping Centre, Holland Park and the Surrey Central SkyTrain Station.
- Holiday Inn Cloverdale – a nice hotel conveniently located at 17530 64th Avenue near the Cloverdale Fairgrounds. It’s also not far from Northview Golf & Country Club and Elements Casino.
- Ocean Promenade Hotel – a waterfront hotel at 15611 Marine Drive in White Rock (near South Surrey). White Rock is home to a beach and promenade, and it is only 5 minutes away from the American border.
Tourist Attractions in Surrey
If you are from out of town, or you live in Surrey and have friends visiting, then tourist attractions and other local places of interest you might want to visit include the following:
- Bear Creek Park – a popular park with miniature golf, a miniature train ride, outdoor swimming pool, running track, walking trails and gardens.
- Central City Fun Park – the largest indoor amusement park in Metro Vancouver. It features roller skating, mini-golf, arcade games and more.
- Elgin Heritage Park – a park that’s home to hiking trails, a boardwalk and historic Stewart Farm.
- Morgan Creek Golf Course – one of Metro Vancouver’s top public courses.
- Northview Golf and Country Club – home of two beautiful courses designed by Arnold Palmer.
- Surrey Museum – a free community venue for family fun and historical learning.
Other articles that may be of interest include the following:
- Best Bars and Restaurants in Surrey
- City of Surrey
- Hotels in Vancouver
- Downtown Vancouver Hotels
- Metro Vancouver’s Best 100 Places