The Hyatt Regency Vancouver is a large 4-star hotel in downtown Vancouver. It has a heated outdoor pool, restaurants, spa and conference space.
The Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Located at 655 Burrard Street, the Hyatt Regency is in the core of downtown Vancouver. It’s within easy walking distance of attractions such as Robson Square and the Vancouver Art Gallery. It’s also close to shopping at Pacific Centre and Robson Street, and easily accessible to Public Transit (as it’s right beside the Burrard Street SkyTrain Station). The hotel’s location is wonderfully convenient!
The first hotel in downtown Vancouver to be awarded five keys by the HAC Green Key Eco-Rating Program, the Hyatt Regency uses Bullfrog Power for its conference rooms. This electricity is completely green and eco-friendly as it is produced by wind power or other environmentally-friendly sources. (Note: Vancouver’s Best Places uses Bullfrog Power for our electricity too!)
The Hyatt Regency is 34 stories tall and on the top floor are the hotel’s main meeting rooms. The views of the city from the upper floors are amazing!
VANCOUVER HOTEL DEALS
Planning to book a stay at the Hyatt or somewhere else in downtown Vancouver? Shopping around for a really good price? Then check out our article about StayVancouverHotels. It’s a website where you can get bonus perks when you make a reservation.
Hyatt Hotel Amenities
Guests at the hotel have access to a variety of amenities. There’s a heated outdoor pool and large hot tub on the fourth floor as well as a fitness centre. Life Luxe Spa is also located within the hotel.
The Hyatt has over 45,000 square feet of space for conferences and events. They have two main ballrooms along with 30 other smaller meeting rooms and spaces. There’s also a 24-hour business centre on-site.
All of the 644 hotel rooms are equipped with free Internet access, coffeemakers, climate control, high definition 42″ televisions and more. 108 rooms also have balconies.
Dog-friendly rooms are available at the Hyatt for an extra charge. Up to two dogs can stay in each room, with a weight limit of 50 lbs for one dog or 75 lbs combined.
Dining at the Hyatt
The Hyatt has three restaurants and bars on-site. There’s also a Starbucks, for those who need their morning (or afternoon) caffeine.
Mosaic Grille is the hotel’s main restaurant. It has a focus on sustainability, with local produce and fresh ingredients.
The Mosaic Bar is a lounge-type eating establishment. They offer a variety of bar snacks, such as quesadillas and chicken wings, as well as cocktails, wines, beers and other spirits. The bar also serves a happy hour menu between 4:00 and 6:00 pm.
The Grain Tasting Bar in the lobby is an adults-only venue. The bar serves a selection of cocktails, regional wines and craft beer as well as salads, sandwiches and other food items. Happy Hour is offered here from 4:00 to 6:00 pm and again from 9:00 to 11:00 pm.
Our Stay at the Hyatt
We had a staycation at the Hyatt Regency for a couple of nights in 2021 and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was on the 32nd floor and the view was amazing (as you can see from the above photo)! We were also fortunate to get a room with a balcony.
Our room was very comfortable. It had a nice king-sized bed. The staff at the hotel were all very professional and friendly. In the room were slippers and bathrobes to use when going to the pool.
We booked our room through StayVancouverHotels.com and got a really good deal. With our reservation, breakfast was included. In the Mosaic Grille we enjoyed Eggs Benedict, a classic breakfast with eggs, and pancakes in the mornings. Everything was delicious.
When we went (in late 2021), because of COVID, understandably, there was no valet parking and there wasn’t housekeeping every morning. It was easy to park and we didn’t need our bed sheets changed, so that wasn’t a problem.
Also because of COVID, masks were required everywhere except for when in one’s own hotel room, and proof of vaccination status was required when eating in the restaurants. We felt both comfortable and safe the entire time.
Hyatt Regency Hotel Video
The following video shows scenes of the hotel during our stay in November of 2021. In it you’ll see what the room looks like. You’ll also see the outdoor swimming pool area and the view from our balcony at night.
November isn’t the best month for weather in Vancouver. When we went it was mostly cloudy (as you’ll see from the scenes of the pool and hot tub area). It didn’t rain though, and the sun did come out briefly at the end of our stay. Late November is a good time to stay at local hotels, however, because prices are typically extra good and there is usually a fair bit happening in Vancouver’s downtown area.
Tips and Advice
Below are some suggestions and extra information to help you make the most out of your stay at the Hyatt Regency.
- The Hyatt is a very nice place to stay. It’s not an ultra-modern hotel, but it’s clean and very well-maintained. The hotel’s location is also exceptional! The SkyTrain is nearby and places like the Vancouver Art Gallery and Vancouver Convention Centre are just a short walk away. There are also restaurants of all price ranges right close by.
- Parking is downstairs in a parkade. You can pay when you check in. You can also pay at a meter in the parkade (and doing so might save you a few dollars).
- If you pay for parking at the front desk, you can park until 3:00 pm the following day. If you pay at the meter at the parkade, you can select to stay for 24 or 36 hours.
- When booking your hotel check out StayVancouverHotels.com. You might find the best price by booking directly through the hotel. There’s a good chance though that through this website you’ll get an extra good deal, especially when they have one of their extra special bonus offers (like in our case where we got a $100 credit card gift card).
- When we booked our room through StayVancouverHotels our special deal was for a room with two double beds. Queens and Kings weren’t an option with the particular deal we got. After booking, however, we asked the hotel if we could get a larger king-sized bed instead and doing so was no problem.
- If you have a preference between feather and foam-filled pillows, let them know. Feather pillows appear to be standard at this hotel. We requested foam pillows instead (due to allergies) and they changed them happily right away.
Things to Do in the Area
If you stay at the Hyatt Regency it’s good to know that some of Vancouver’s top attractions are just a short stroll away. Below are some of the places you’ll find within about a 15-minute walk.
- Bill Reid Gallery
- Canada Place
- Christ Church Cathedral
- FlyOver Canada
- Granville Street
- Robson Street
- Roedde House Museum
- Vancouver Convention Centre
- Vancouver Lookout
In addition to the above there is Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours which gives guided walking tours around downtown Vancouver. They also offer a tour around Stanley Park. For people who like adventure games, there is also Vancouver Mysteries where you can solve escape room-style challenges in the streets of Vancouver.
The Hyatt Regency Vancouver hosts several special seasonal activities. The Mother’s Day Brunch takes place in May and Gingerbread Lane happens around Christmas time. Unfortunately though, Gingerbread Lane isn’t happening in 2021. Hopefully it’ll be back in 2022.
Hyatt Mother’s Day Brunch
The Mosaic Grille restaurant at the Hyatt offers a special Mother’s Day brunch in May. In a recent year the brunch buffet ran from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm and cost $70 for adults and $35 for children ages 12 and under.
For more details on this event and others like it click Vancouver Mother’s Day Brunch Buffets.
Gingerbread Lane at the Hyatt
During the Christmas season the Hyatt features a collection of decorated gingerbread houses. These displays help raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Most years the event runs daily throughout the month of December. Admission is free, but donations are encouraged.
Note: The hotel didn’t host any gingerbread displays in 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and Gingerbread Lane isn’t happening in 2021 either. Hopefully the event can happen again in 2022.
Click Gingerbread Lane for more information.
For more details about the hotel see the official Hyatt Regency Vancouver website.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Downtown Vancouver Hotels
- StayVancouverHotels.com Hotel Deals
- City of Vancouver Bars and Restaurants
- Vancouver’s Top 100 Places
- Festivals & Events Calendar