One of the best ways to treat your mother special on Mother’s Day is to take her out for a brunch buffet at one of Vancouver’s best restaurants.
Many places offer special Mother’s Day brunch buffets, but below are some of our favourites.
Vancouver Mother’s Day Brunches
In 2018 Mother’s Day is on Sunday, May 13. That’s not far away, and the best places for brunch fill up quickly. Be sure to make your reservations far in advance!
Brunch in Vancouver
Mother’s Day brunches take place at various restaurants within the City of Vancouver including on Granville Island and near Canada Place.
Brunch On Granville Island
- Dockside Restaurant – in 2018 the casual fine dining restaurant on Granville Island offers a Mother’s Day brunch buffet at $75 for adults and $35 for children ages 10 and under. Taxes and tips are extra.
Brunch By Canada Place & Coal Harbour
- P2B Bistro – in 2018 the Mother’s Day brunch runs from 10 am until 2 pm at the Pinnacle Hotel Waterfront at 1133 West Hastings. The cost is $63 for adults, $28 for children and free for kids less than 6 years of age. Taxes and 18% tip are extra.
Most years restaurants at the Pan Pacific Hotel and Fairmont Waterfront Hotel also offer fancy Mother’s Day brunches. 2018 details are to be confirmed, but here’s what they looked like last year.
- Oceans 999 – the buffet-style brunch at the Pan Pacific Hotel’s restaurant runs from 10:30 to 2:30 most years and includes a fresh seafood bar, Asian delicacies, roast pork, West Coast halibut, a children’s buffet, delicious desserts and more. Cost is about $95 for adults, $91 for seniors, $47.50 for children (ages 6-12) and free for kids 5 and under (all plus taxes and 17% gratuity). 2018 details to be confirmed.
- Arc – brunch at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel at 900 Canada Place Way most years includes seafood, hot meats, omelettes and kids buffet stations. Seatings are usually at 11:30 and 1:30 pm. The cost in recent years has been around $75 for adults, $65 for seniors, $45 for children ages 9-12, $35 for children ages 5-8, and free for kids under 5, plus 5% tax for all. 2018 details to be confirmed.
Other Vancouver Mother’s Day Brunch Venues
Other restaurants offering brunch buffets on Sunday, April 13, 2018, include the following (with menus and further details to be confirmed):
- Notch 8 – the buffet at the Fairmont Vancouver Hotel’s restaurant at 900 West Georgia costs $79 in 2018.
Mother’s Day Buffets in Burnaby
- Hart House – the buffet at the historic building at 6664 Deer Lake Avenue costs $54 per person in 2018 and $20 for children ages 4 to 10. Reservations can be made for between 9 am and 2:15 pm for 2-hour sittings.
- Before or after your meal, be sure to admire the gardens in the park or go for a walk around Deer Lake.
Brunch on the North Shore
- The Lobby – on Mother’s Day in 2018 the Pinnacle Hotel’s restaurant at 138 Victory Ship Way in North Vancouver offers brunch sittings from 11 am until 12 pm and costs $58 for adults and $28 for children ages 6 to 12. GST, 18% tip and online booking fees are extra, but underground parking is included.
- The Observatory – in 2018 the buffet at Grouse Mountain takes place in the Observatory restaurant and Timber Room. The cost is $55 for adults, $20 for children ages 5 to 11, and $12 for folk ages 2 to 4, which is the same price as in 2017. The cost of brunch includes access to the resort up the Skyride Tram as well as tea, coffee, juice and soft drinks. Taxes, 18% tip and parking are extra.
Mother’s Day Brunch in Surrey
- Fresh – the brunch buffet at the Sheraton Guilford Hotel on April 13th, 2018, offers sittings at 10:30 and 11 am as well as at 1 and 1:30 pm. The cost is about $55 for adults and $28 for children ages 4 to 12. Little folk under 4 years of age are free and taxes and tips are extra.
Tips and Advice
Below are suggestions to help you make the most out of your Mother’s Day brunch experience.
TIP #1: The above restaurants usually fill up well in advance, so book early.
TIP #2: Many of the above restaurants are located in or near some of Vancouver’s best places, including beautiful parks and urban places of interest. Combine your meal out with a stroll with mom in the neighbourhood.
Note: Restaurant brunch buffet details may vary. See restaurant websites for exact details.
For other ideas on things to do with Mom, check out Mother’s Day in Vancouver.
For list of other events taking place in May, check out Vancouver’s Best Places’ Events Calendar.