One of the best ways to treat your mother special on Mother’s Day is to take her out for a brunch buffet at one of Vancouver’s best restaurants.
Due to COVID-19, indoor dine-in Mother’s Day brunches weren’t possible in 2020 or 2021, at least not in their usual capacities.
To give you an idea of what to expect in 2022, below is information about some of our favourite Mother’s Day brunch options that are available most years.
For ideas on other things to do with Mom and what to give her, see our article about Mother’s Day Gift Ideas.
MOTHER’S DAY TEA IN THE FRASER VALLEY
In addition to brunches, a number of places also offer special Mother’s Day Teas. An especially nice place for that is at Kilby Historic Site near Harrison Hot Springs. It’s a beautiful venue! Their Mother’s Day Tea takes place on Sunday, May 8th, from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm. For details see the Kilby Historic Site‘s website.
Vancouver Mother’s Day Brunches
In 2022 Mother’s Day is on Sunday, May 8th. When restaurants are allowed to offer sit-down service, best places for brunch fill up quickly. Be sure to make your reservations far in advance.
Below you’ll find a list of restaurants that offer Mother’s Day brunch buffets most years.
This article lists Mother’s Day buffets in the following locations:
Click on any of the above links to jump to a specific location, or continue reading to see the entire list.
(Note: Prices, menu items and other restaurant details are subject to change.)
Brunch in Vancouver
Mother’s Day brunches take place at various restaurants within the City of Vancouver including on Granville Island and near Canada Place. Below is a list of restaurants that had great buffets a couple of years ago and will hopefully do so again in 2022.
Brunch On Granville Island
- Dockside Restaurant – the casual fine dining restaurant on Granville Island offers a 2022 Mother’s Day Bottomless Brunch at $89.95 per person. Seating times are between 9:00 am and 2:30 pm. Menu items in previous years were fresh pastries, eggs benedict, omelettes, waffles, pancakes, chilled seafood, salads, prime rib with Yorkshire pudding, roast chicken, barbecued pork, duck, fish and a selection of desserts. Call 604.685.7070 for reservations and book early as this is a very popular venue.
Brunch by Canada Place & Coal Harbour
- Arc – the Mother’s Day Bottomless Brunch at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel at 900 Canada Place Way includes hot meats, waffles, fondue, and more. Seatings in 2022 are from 9:00 am until 1:30 pm. The cost is $85 for adults and $42 for children under age 12.
- H2 Rotisserie & Bar – the H2 Mother’s Day Buffet runs from 11:30 am until 3:00 pm at the Westin Bayshore Hotel on Mother’s Day in 2022. The cost is about $98 for adults (plus taxes and tips) and $45 for children ages 5 to 12. Younger kids dine for free. The brunch features 9 different stations with options including omelettes, seafood, charcuterie and more.
- Oceans 999 – in 2019 the brunch buffet ran from 10:30 am until 2:30 pm and cost $99 for adults, $95 for seniors and $49.50 for children ages 6 to 12. An 18% service charge and taxes were extra. The restaurant’s address is 999 Canada Place in the Pan Pacific Hotel. (2022 details are to be confirmed. For Easter this year though, the restaurant didn’t offer a buffet.)
- P2B Bistro – in 2022 the Mother’s Day brunch runs from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm and costs $79 for adults, $37 for kids ages 6 to 12 and $20 for younger children. The menu offers a charcuterie platter to share, plus a choice between smoked salmon benedict, roasted chicken, steak and more. Dessert is a buffet full of tasty options.
- Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar – an award-winning upscale seafood restaurant at 845 Burrard Street in the Sutton Hotel near Robson. In 2022 their Mother’s Day brunch costs $88 and includes a three-course meal with plenty of dishes to choose from.
- Notch8 – the brunch buffet at the Fairmont Vancouver Hotel‘s restaurant at 900 West Georgia Street runs from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm in 2022 and costs around $105 (including taxes and tips) for adults and $52 for children (ages 12 and under).
Other Downtown Vancouver Mother’s Day Brunch Venues
Other restaurants offering brunch buffets on Mother’s Day a couple of years ago included the following (and 2022 details will hopefully be similar):
- Stages Bistro & Lounge– the Mother’s Day brunch buffet at Vancouver’s Holiday Inn at 711 West Broadway a couple of years ago and cost $45 for adults and $22 for children ages 3 to 12. The special Mother’s Day brunch doesn’t appear to be happening in 2022. Hopefully it can again some time in the future. Click Stages Mother’s Day Brunch to see the menu from 2019. (2022 details are to be confirmed.)
- Mosaic Grille & Bar – the buffet at the Hyatt Regency at 655 Burrard Street runs from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm. The cost in 2022 is $67 per adult and $40 for children between the ages of 5 and 12.
Mother’s Day Buffets in Burnaby
- Hart House – in 2022 the buffet at the historic building at 6664 Deer Lake Avenue costs $64 for folk ages 11 and older. Children between the ages of 4 and 10 cost $32. Menu items include fruit salad, cheeses, salads, croissants, roast beef, bacon, pasta, tarts, cheesecake and more. Taxes and tips are extra. Parties of 8 or more people are subject to an 18% service charge.
- TIP: Before or after your meal, be sure to admire the gardens in the park or go for a walk around Deer Lake.
- Time & Place – formerly called Reflect, the restaurant at the Hilton Metrotown at 6083 McKay Avenue usually has a buffet brunch from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm. The cost last year was $60 for adults, $29 for children ages 6 to 12, and free for kids ages 5 and under. Taxes and gratuity were extra. (2022 details are to be confirmed.)
Mother’s Day Buffets in Richmond
- Globe@YVR – the restaurant at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel offers a Mother’s Day Tea (as opposed to a standard brunch) and a special dinner in 2022 with sittings on both May 7th and 8th. The cost for each meal is about $89 per person.
Mother’s Day Buffets in Surrey
- Mixt Lobby Lounge – in 2022 the Mother’s Day brunch at the Sheraton Guildford Hotel offers sittings at 10:30 and 11:00 am as well as at 1:00 and 1:30 pm. The cost is $65 for adults. Children between the ages of 5 and 12 cost $30 and little folk under 5 years of age are free. Menu items include salads, chilled seafoods, cured meats, pancakes, eggs benedict and more. For children there are also chicken fingers and macaroni. A selection of desserts as well as coffee, tea and juice are also included.
- Morgan Creek – the restaurant at the Morgan Creek Golf Course at 3500 Morgan Creek Way has a Mother’s Day brunch buffet with sittings between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm in 2022. The cost is about $35 for adults and $17 for children. Taxes and tips are included. Menu options this year are waffles, smoothie bowls, prime rib and more.
Tips and Advice
Below are suggestions to help you make the most out of your Mother’s Day brunch experience.
TIP #1: The above restaurants usually fill up well in advance, so book early.
TIP #2: Many of the above restaurants are located in or near some of Vancouver’s best places, including beautiful parks and urban places of interest. Combine your meal out with a stroll with mom in the neighbourhood.
Note: Restaurant brunch buffet details may vary. See restaurant websites for exact details.
For a list of other events taking place in May, check out Vancouver’s Best Places’ Events Calendar.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver Restaurants
- Shows & Entertainment Calendar
- Vancouver on a Budget
- Victoria Day in the Lower Mainland
- Father’s Day in Vancouver
- Best Activities for Children
- Hotels in Downtown Vancouver