One of the best ways to treat your mother special on Mother’s Day is to take her out for a brunch buffet at one of Vancouver’s best restaurants.
Many places offer special Mother’s Day brunch buffets, but below are some of our favourites.
Vancouver Mother’s Day Brunches
In 2018 Mother’s Day is on Sunday, May 13. That’s not far away, and the best places for brunch fill up quickly. Be sure to make your reservations far in advance!
This article lists 2018 Mother’s Day buffets in the following locations:
Click on any of the above links to jump to a specific location, or continue reading to see the entire list.
Brunch in Vancouver
Mother’s Day brunches take place at various restaurants within the City of Vancouver including on Granville Island and near Canada Place.
Brunch On Granville Island
- Dockside Restaurant – in 2018 the casual fine dining restaurant on Granville Island offers a Mother’s Day brunch buffet at $75 for adults and $35 for children ages 10 and under. Taxes and tips are extra.
Brunch by Canada Place & Coal Harbour
- Arc – brunch at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel at 900 Canada Place Way includes hot meats, omelettes and kids buffet stations. Seatings are at 10:30 and 12:30 pm. The cost is $99 for adults, $49 for children ages 6-12, and free for kids under 5.
- Oceans 999 – the buffet-style brunch at the Pan Pacific Hotel’s restaurant runs from 10:30 to 2:30 and includes a fresh seafood bar, Asian delicacies, roast beef, duck, West Coast halibut, a children’s buffet, delicious desserts and more. Cost is $99 for adults, $95 for seniors, $49.50 for children (ages 6-12) and free for kids 5 and under (all plus taxes and 18% gratuity).
- P2B Bistro – in 2018 the Mother’s Day brunch runs from 10 am until 2 pm at the Pinnacle Hotel Waterfront at 1133 West Hastings. The cost is $63 for adults, $28 for children and free for kids less than 6 years of age. Taxes and 18% tip are extra.
Other Downtown Vancouver Mother’s Day Brunch Venues
Other restaurants offering brunch buffets on Sunday, April 13, 2018, include the following (with menus and further details to be confirmed):
- Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar – an award-winning upscale seafood restaurant at 845 Burrard Street near Robson. Their Mother’s Day brunch runs from 10:30 am until 3:00 pm and costs $80 plus tip and taxes for adults and $35 for children (ages 3 to 12).
- Copper Chimney – the East Indian restaurant at 567 Hornby Street serves a buffet brunch from 10 am until 4 pm. Cost is $50 for adults and $24 for children ages 4 to 10.
- Mosaic Grille & Bar – the buffet at the Hyatt Regency at 655 Burrard Street has sittings at 11 am and 1 pm. Cost is $70 for adults and just $20 for children (ages 6 to 12).
- Notch 8 – the buffet at the Fairmont Vancouver Hotel’s restaurant at 900 West Georgia Street runs from 11:30 am until 2:30 pm and costs $79.00 (plus tip and taxes) for adults and $39.50 for children (ages 12 and under).
- New Oxford – a pub-style restaurant at 1144 Homer Street with one of the region’s most affordable all-you-can-eat Mother’s Day buffets. The cost is $35 for two adults and $15 for kids (ages 10 and under).
Mother’s Day Buffets in Burnaby
- Hart House – the buffet at the historic building at 6664 Deer Lake Avenue costs $54 per person in 2018 and $20 for children ages 4 to 10. Reservations can be made for between 9 am and 2:15 pm for 2-hour sittings.
- Before or after your meal, be sure to admire the gardens in the park or go for a walk around Deer Lake.
- Reflect – the restaurant at the Hilton Metrotown at 6083 McKay Avenue has a buffet brunch from 10 am until 2 pm. Cost is $60 for adults, $25 for children ages 6 to 12, and free for kids ages 5 and under. Taxes and gratuity are extra.
Mother’s Day Buffets in New Westminster
- Paddlewheeler Cruise – a 2-and-a-half-hour cruise and buffet in New Westminster from 11:30 am until 2:00 pm. SOLD OUT!
Brunch on the North Shore
- The Lobby – on Mother’s Day in 2018 the Pinnacle Hotel’s restaurant at 138 Victory Ship Way in North Vancouver offers brunch sittings from 11 am until 12 pm and costs $58 for adults and $28 for children ages 6 to 12. GST, 18% tip and online booking fees are extra, but underground parking is included.
- The Observatory – in 2018 the buffet at Grouse Mountain takes place in the Observatory restaurant and Timber Room. The cost is $55 for adults, $20 for children ages 5 to 11, and $12 for folk ages 2 to 4, which is the same price as in 2017. The cost of brunch includes access to the resort up the Skyride Tram as well as tea, coffee, juice and soft drinks. Taxes, 18% tip and parking are extra. SOLD OUT (as of late April, 2018).
Mother’s Day Buffets in Richmond
- Globe@YVR – the restaurant at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel is offering a Mother’s Day Tea (as opposed to a standard brunch) with sittings at 11 am and 2:30 pm. Cost is $69 (plus taxes and tip) and $34.50 for kids (ages 12 and under).
Mother’s Day Buffets in Surrey
- Fresh – the brunch buffet at the Sheraton Guilford Hotel on April 13th, 2018, offers sittings at 10:30 and 11 am as well as at 1 and 1:30 pm. The cost is about $55 for adults and $28 for children ages 4 to 12. Little folk under 4 years of age are free and taxes and tips are extra.
- Morgan Creek – the restaurant at the golf course at 3500 Morgan Creek Way has a Mother’s Day brunch buffet with sittings at 10:30 am and 1:30 pm. Cost is $45 for adults and $25 for children (ages 5 to 12). Taxes and tips are extra, but children ages 4 and under are free. (1:30 Sitting is SOLD OUT.)
Tips and Advice
Below are suggestions to help you make the most out of your Mother’s Day brunch experience.
TIP #1: The above restaurants usually fill up well in advance, so book early.
TIP #2: Many of the above restaurants are located in or near some of Vancouver’s best places, including beautiful parks and urban places of interest. Combine your meal out with a stroll with mom in the neighbourhood.
Note: Restaurant brunch buffet details may vary. See restaurant websites for exact details.
For other ideas on things to do with Mom, check out Mother’s Day in Vancouver.
For list of other events taking place in May, check out Vancouver’s Best Places’ Events Calendar.