One of the best ways to treat your mother special on Mother’s Day is to take her out for a brunch buffet at one of Vancouver’s best restaurants.
Many places offer special Mother’s Day brunch buffets, but below are some of our favourites.
Vancouver Mother’s Day Brunches
In 2019 Mother’s Day is on Sunday, May 12th. That’s not far away, and the best places for brunch fill up quickly. Be sure to make your reservations far in advance!
This article lists Mother’s Day buffets in the following locations:
Click on any of the above links to jump to a specific location, or continue reading to see the entire list.
(Note: Prices, menu items and other restaurant details are subject to change.)
Brunch in Vancouver
Mother’s Day brunches take place at various restaurants within the City of Vancouver including on Granville Island and near Canada Place.
Brunch On Granville Island
- Dockside Restaurant – the casual fine dining restaurant on Granville Island offers a 2019 Mother’s Day brunch buffet at $74.95 for adults and $34.95 for children ages 10 and under (which are the same prices as last year). Seating times are at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm. Menu items include fresh pastries, eggs benedict, omelettes, waffles, pancakes, chilled seafood, salads, prime rib with Yorkshire pudding, roast chicken, barbecued pork, duck, fish and a selection of desserts. Call 604.685.7070 for reservations and book early as this is a very popular venue.
Brunch by Canada Place & Coal Harbour
- Arc – the Mother’s Day brunch at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel at 900 Canada Place Way includes hot meats, a kids’ buffet station and desserts, among other items. Seatings are at 10:00 and 12:00 pm. The cost is $99 for adults and $49.50 for children under age 12. This is the same as last year, except that previously children under 6 years of age were free.
- Oceans 999 – in 2019 the brunch buffet runs from 10:30 am until 2:30 pm and costs $99 for adults, $95 for seniors and $49.50 for children ages 6 to 12. An 18% service charge and taxes are extra.
- P2B Bistro – in 2019 the Mother’s Day brunch runs from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm and costs $69 for adults and $29 for children ages 6 to 12. Taxes and tip are extra. For comparison, the price last year was $63 for adults and $28 for children.
MOTHER’S DAY WEEKEND HOTELS
Are you really wanting to spoil Mom on her special day? Then as well as treating her out to brunch, why not book a room or two for the whole family and stay at a local hotel? For a list of downtown Vancouver hotels and how to find great prices, check out what we’ve written about StayVancouverHotels.com.
Other Downtown Vancouver Mother’s Day Brunch Venues
Other restaurants offering brunch buffets on Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 12, 2019, include the following:
- Stages Bistro & Lounge – the Mother’s Day brunch buffet at Vancouver’s Holiday Inn at 711 West Broadway runs from 11:30 am until 2:30 pm and costs $45 for adults and $22 for children ages 3 to 12. The buffet includes an assortment of fresh pastries, deli meats, chilled seafood, prime rib, chicken, butternut squash ravioli, an omelette station, pancakes, bacon, sausages, eggs benedict, cheeses and desserts. The price also includes complimentary parking and a free carnation for moms. Click Stages Mother’s Day Brunch to see the full menu. (Note: The restaurant also currently offers a regular Weekday Lunch Buffet on Mondays to Fridays for $17.95 featuring a different ethnic theme each day of the week.)
- Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar – an award-winning upscale seafood restaurant at 845 Burrard Street near Robson. Their Mother’s Day brunch usually runs from 10:30 am until 3:00 pm and costs $80 plus tip and taxes for adults and $35 for children (ages 3 to 12). 2019 details are to be confirmed.
- Mosaic Grille & Bar – the buffet at the Hyatt Regency at 655 Burrard Street runs from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm. The cost in 2019 is $70 per adult and $35 for children ages 12 and under.
- Notch8 – the buffet at the Fairmont Vancouver Hotel’s restaurant at 900 West Georgia Street runs from 11:30 am until 2:30 pm in 2019 and costs $79.00 (plus tip and taxes) for adults and $39.50 for children (ages 12 and under).
- Yew – located at 791 West Georgia in the Four Seasons Hotel, this upscale restaurant offers its Mother’s Day brunch buffet from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm. Adults cost $105, children (ages 6 to 12) are $53 and little kids (ages 5 & under) are $26. Taxes and tips are extra. On the menu in 2019 are assorted baked goods, salads, soup, Cornish game hen, beef wellington, short ribs, pasta, salmon and a variety of desserts. There is also a wide selection of seafood including smoked and candied salmon, crab, prawns, oysters, sushi and tuna tataki.
Mother’s Day Buffets in Burnaby
- Hart House – in 2019 the buffet at the historic building at 6664 Deer Lake Avenue costs $54 for folk ages 11 and older. Children between the ages of 4 and 10 cost $20. Menu items include fruit, yogurts, cheeses, salads, baked goods, roast beef, salmon, pasta, eggs, French toast and an assortment of desserts. Taxes and tips are extra. Parties of 8 or more people are subject to an 18% gratuity charge and credit card details are required at the time of booking.
- TIP: Before or after your meal, be sure to admire the gardens in the park or go for a walk around Deer Lake.
- Reflect – the restaurant at the Hilton Metrotown at 6083 McKay Avenue has a buffet brunch from 10:00 am until 3:00 pm. The cost is $60 for adults, $29 for children ages 6 to 12, and free for kids ages 5 and under. Taxes and gratuity are extra.
Brunch on the North Shore
- The Lobby – on Mother’s Day in 2019 the Pinnacle Hotel’s restaurant at 138 Victory Ship Way in North Vancouver offers brunch sittings from 11:00 am until 2:00 pm. The cost is $59 for adults, $28 for children ages 6 to 12, and $5 for kids ages 5 and under. GST, 20% tip and online booking fees are extra, but underground parking is included.
- The Observatory – in 2019 the buffet at Grouse Mountain takes place in the Observatory restaurant and Timber Room from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm. The cost is $60 for adults, $25 for children ages 5 to 12, and free for folk ages 4 and under. For comparison, prices last year were $55 for adults, $20 for children ages 5 to 11, and $12 for folk ages 2 to 4. The cost of brunch includes access to the resort up the Skyride Tram as well as tea, coffee, juice and soft drinks. Taxes, 18% tip and parking are extra.
Mother’s Day Buffets in Richmond
- Globe@YVR – the restaurant at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel usually offers a Mother’s Day Tea (as opposed to a standard brunch) with sittings at 11:00 am and 2:30 pm. The cost last year was $69 (plus taxes and tip) and $34.50 for kids (ages 12 and under). 2019 will likely be similar.
TREAT MOM TO THE CIRCUS!
Combine your trip out for brunch with a performance at the Royal Canadian Family Circus, or just buy Mom tickets for a later day as a gift.
Shows take place at Richmond’s Lansdowne Centre from May 9th to 20th and they are amazing! Use promo code VANSBESTPLACES and get 2-for-1 general admission tickets (which cost only $25 to begin with)! Shows also take place at Tsawwassen Mills Mall from May 24th to 26th and at Surrey’s Guildford Town Centre from May 31st to June 9th. The circus is fabulous and highly recommended for people of all ages.
Click Royal Canadian Family Circus for tickets (and don’t forget to use the promo code)!
Mother’s Day Buffets in Surrey
- Mixt Lobby Lounge – in 2019 the Mother’s Day brunch buffet at the Sheraton Guilford Hotel offers sittings at 10:30 and 11:00 am as well as at 1:00 and 1:30 pm. The cost is $58.95 for adults (which is about $4 more than last year). Children between the ages of 5 and 12 cost $29.48 and little folk under 5 years of age are free. Taxes and tips are extra. Menu items in 2019 include salads, chilled seafood, cured meats, omelettes, pancakes, eggs benedict, braised lamb, salmon, chicken, ravioli, roast beef and roast pork. For children there are also chicken fingers, macaroni and grilled cheese sandwiches. A selection of desserts as well as coffee, tea and juice are also included.
- Morgan Creek – the restaurant at the golf course at 3500 Morgan Creek Way has a Mother’s Day brunch buffet with sittings at 10:30 am and 1:30 pm. Cost is $46 for adults and $25 for children (ages 5 to 12). Taxes and tips are extra, but children ages 4 and under are free.
Tips and Advice
Below are suggestions to help you make the most out of your Mother’s Day brunch experience.
TIP #1: The above restaurants usually fill up well in advance, so book early.
TIP #2: Many of the above restaurants are located in or near some of Vancouver’s best places, including beautiful parks and urban places of interest. Combine your meal out with a stroll with mom in the neighbourhood.
Note: Restaurant brunch buffet details may vary. See restaurant websites for exact details.
For other ideas on things to do with Mom, check out Mother’s Day in Vancouver.
For list of other events taking place in May, check out Vancouver’s Best Places’ Events Calendar.