The hotels are concentrated in North Vancouver’s Lower Lonsdale and Shipyards District, at the bottom of Capilano Road, and by Mt. Seymour Parkway near the Second Narrows Bridge.
Places to Stay on Vancouver’s North Shore
North Vancouver is home to some of the region’s most stunning outdoor recreational venues. The North Shore is surrounded by water, forests and mountains including three ski hills – Mount Seymour, Grouse Mountain and Cypress Mountain. The mountains provide opportunities for year-round activities including skiing, snowboarding, hiking and mountain biking. Unlike major ski resorts elsewhere in BC, the North Shore ski hills don’t have on-site accommodations.
There are only a limited number of hotels in North Vancouver despite the fact that the area is home to several of the city’s most popular tourist attractions including the Capilano Suspension Bridge, Lower Lonsdale’s Shipyards District and Deep Cove.
If looking for a hotel in the downtown core of the City of Vancouver, be sure to check out our article about StayVancouverHotels. It’s a website that offers competitive rates and bonus perks when booking stays at hotels in downtown Vancouver.
Hotels by Capilano Road
The Capilano area of North Vancouver marks the border between North Vancouver and West Vancouver. Three hotels in this area can all be found very close together along Capilano Road. A fourth hotel is located just a block or so away on Marine Drive.
Park Royal, a popular shopping mall, can be found about 5 minutes west of the hotels while the Capilano Suspension Bridge is located just a few minutes north up Capilano Road. The Capilano neighbourhood is also fairly close to downtown Vancouver which can be accessed via the nearby Lions Gate Bridge.
- North Vancouver Hotel – a casual pet-friendly place at 1800 Capilano Road. The hotel offers free breakfasts. (3/3.5 stars)
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites – a comfortable hotel at 1748 Capilano Road with free breakfast and an outdoor pool. (3/3.5 stars)
- SureStay by Best Western – a budget and business-friendly hotel at 1634 Capilano Road. The hotel features an outdoor pool. (3/3.5 stars)
Lower Lonsdale Hotels
The Lower Lonsdale district in North Vancouver runs along the waterfront and includes areas such as Lonsdale Quay, the Shipyards, North Vancouver’s SeaBus terminal and Esplanade Avenue. The area is home to a variety of shops and restaurants as well as a skating rink in the winter time.
Below are three hotels in this North Shore neighbourhood.
- Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier – a modern boutique hotel with a semi-public pool, fitness centre and two on-site restaurants. Many of its rooms and restaurants have views of Burrard Inlet and the Vancouver Harbour. (4.5 stars)
- Seaside Hotel North Vancouver – a fancy new hotel at #130 125 Victory Ship Way in the Shipyards. The place has around 70 rooms, most of which also feature views of the ocean. (4.5 stars)
- Lonsdale Quay Hotel – a boutique hotel located right at Lonsdale Quay above the Public Market. Room rates often include breakfast for two from room service and access to the hotel’s fitness centre. (4 stars)
Holiday Inn Near Mt. Seymour Parkway
The Seymour area of North Vancouver is a bit removed from the hustle and bustle of Lonsdale Avenue and Capilano Road. There is just one hotel in this area, close to Highway 1 and the Second Narrows Bridge. Places of interest in the area include Deep Cove, which is around a 10-minute drive east of the hotel, and the Seymour Demonstration Forest, which can be found just up Lillooet Road behind Capilano University.
- Holiday Inn & Suites North Van – a larger chain hotel with a pool, fitness centre and on-site restaurant and pub at 700 Old Lillooet Road. (4.5 stars)
For deals and discounts on hotels in downtown Vancouver (so not on the North Shore), check out our article about StayVancouverHotels.com. That website is like Expedia or Travelocity, but locally-operated and focused just on Vancouver.
Other articles that may be of interest include the following:
- Downtown Vancouver Hotels
- North Vancouver Restaurants
- Vancouver’s Top 100 Places
- Vancouver Festivals & Events
- City and District of North Vancouver
- District of West Vancouver
- Vancouver’s North Shore