Every year during the school Spring Break holidays Vancouver-area movie theatres feature special family-friendly films at discounted prices.
Lower Mainland Movies at Spring Break
Spring Break takes place between March 14th and 25th in 2022. During the school holidays most years numerous local cinemas offer films for as little as $3 per show, and sometimes even for free!
Venues to see cheap Spring Break movies include Port Moody’s Inlet Theatre, participating Cineplex Theatres throughout the Lower Mainland, and Landmark Cinemas in Surrey and New Westminster. Films in Port Moody are free. Ones at Cineplex and Landmark Cinemas cost about $3.
Unfortunately, most theatres were closed during Spring Break in 2021. As of late February in 2022, Cineplex Theatres are offering deals throughout Spring Break. Details about deals at other theatres are to be confirmed.
Spring Break Films in Port Moody
The following films were shown at 2:00 pm in 2020: Angry Birds 2 (on Wednesday March 18th) and Abominable (on Wednesday March 25th).
The movies are usually all free and admission is on a first-come, first-served basis (so arrive early to ensure you get a seat)!
2022 details are to be confirmed. For more details see the City of Port Moody‘s website.
Spring Break Cineplex Movies
Select Cineplex movie theatres offer family-friendly movies on Saturday mornings for just $2.99 throughout the year. During Spring Break they usually offer the same deal every weekday too.
Family Favourite Movies on Saturday mornings during Spring Break in 2022 are Tom and Jerry (on March 19th) and Arctic Dogs (on March 26th).
Showing Monday to Friday between March 14th and 25th in 2022 are Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway, Space Jam A New Legacy, The Boss Baby: Family Business, and 100% WOLF.
Participating Cineplex theatres in 2022 include the following:
- Abbotsford’s Cineplex Cinemas – at 3122 Mt. Lehman Road.
- Burnaby’s Cineplex Metropolis – at 4700 Kingsway in Metrotown.
- Chilliwack’s Galaxy Cinemas – at 8249 Eagle Landing Parkway.
- Coquitlam’s Cineplex Cinemas – at 170 Schoolhouse Street.
- Langley’s Cineplex Cinemas – at #20090-91A Avenue.
- West Vancouver’s Park Royal – at 3000 Park Royal S.
- Pitt Meadows’ Cineplex Odeon Meadowtown – at #410-19800 Lougheed Highway.
- Richmond’s SilverCity Riverport Cinemas – at 14211 Entertainment Way.
- Surrey’s Strawberry Hill Cinemas – at 12161-72nd Avenue.
- Vancouver’s International Village Cinemas – at 88 West Pender in Chinatown.
(Note: Featured movies and participating locations are subject to change. See venue websites for the most up-to-date details.)
Spring Break Movies at Landmark Cinemas
Landmark Cinemas also offers cheap movies Monday to Friday during Spring Break most years at its theatres in Surrey Guildford and New Westminster.
2019 Spring Break movies were Aquaman, Bumblebee, Smallfoot, Spider-Man and The Kid Who Would Be King. They all showed in the mornings and cost just $3 (with $1 from each ticket sale benefiting the Kids Help Phone).
Details about Spring Break movie deals at Landmark Cinemas in 2022 are to be confirmed.
Click Landmark March Movie Break for more information.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver at Spring Break
- Vancouver for Children
- March Calendar of Events
- Free Activities in March
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations in Vancouver
- Vancouver on a Budget
- Vancouver Rainy Day Activities
- Movies & Cinemas in Vancouver
- Vancouver’s Shows & Entertainment Calendar