Every year during the school Spring Break holidays Vancouver-area movie theatres feature special family-friendly films at discounted prices.
LOWER MAINLAND THEATRES CLOSED
As of March 17th, 2020, movie theatres in the Metro Vancouver area are closed on the advice from the government to avoid gatherings of over 50 people due to the coronavirus.
To see more businesses and events that are closed or cancelled click Vancouver COVID-19 Updates.
Lower Mainland Movies at Spring Break
Spring Break takes place between March 14th and 29th in 2020. During the school holidays most years numerous local cinemas offer films for as little as $3 per show, and sometimes even for free!
Venues to see cheap Spring Break movies include Port Moody’s Inlet Theatre, participating Cineplex Theatres throughout the Lower Mainland, and Landmark Cinemas in Surrey and New Westminster. Films in Port Moody are free. Ones at Cineplex and Landmark Cinemas cost about $3.
Spring Break Films in Port Moody
The following films are shown at 2:00 pm in 2020: Angry Birds 2 (on Wednesday March 18th) and Abominable (on Wednesday March 25th).
The movies are all free and admission is on a first-come, first-served basis (so arrive early to ensure you get a seat)!
For more details see the City of Port Moody‘s website.
Spring Break Cineplex Movies
Select Cineplex movie theatres offer family-friendly movies on Saturday mornings for just $2.99 throughout the year. During Spring Break they usually offer the same deal every weekday too.
Family Favourite Movies on Saturday mornings during Spring Break in 2020 are Arctic Dogs (on March 14th), The Addams Family (on March 21st) and Paw Patrol Double Bill: Ready Race Rescue & Mighty Pups (on March 28th). Showing Monday to Friday between March 16th and 27th in 2020 are Arctic Dogs, The Missing Link, The Addams Family, Paw Patrol: Ready Race Rescue and Paw Patrol: Mighty Pups.
Participating Cineplex theatres in 2020 included the following:
- Abbotsford’s Cineplex Cinemas – at 3122 Mt. Lehman Road.
- Burnaby’s Cineplex Metropolis – at 4700 Kingsway in Metrotown.
- Chilliwack’s Galaxy Cinemas – at 8249 Eagle Landing Parkway.
- Coquitlam’s Cineplex Cinemas – at 170 Schoolhouse Street.
- Langley’s Cineplex Cinemas – at #20090-91A Avenue.
- North Vancouver’s Cineplex Park & Tilford – at 200-333 Brooksbank Avenue.
- Pitt Meadows’ Cineplex Odeon Meadowtown – at #410-19800 Lougheed Highway.
- Richmond’s SilverCity Riverport Cinemas – at 14211 Entertainment Way.
- Surrey’s Strawberry Hill Cinemas – at 12161-72nd Avenue.
- Vancouver’s International Village Cinemas – at 88 West Pender in Chinatown.
(Note: Featured movies and participating locations are subject to change. See venue websites for the most up-to-date details.)
Spring Break Movies at Landmark Cinemas
Landmark Cinemas also offers cheap movies Monday to Friday during Spring Break most years at its theatres in Surrey Guildford and New Westminster.
2019 Spring Break movies were Aquaman, Bumblebee, Smallfoot, Spider-Man and The Kid Who Would Be King. They all showed in the mornings and cost just $3 (with $1 from each ticket sale benefiting the Kids Help Phone).
The above movies were shown last year at Landmark Cinemas at 15051-101st Avenue in Surrey (Guildford) and 390-800 Carnarvon Street in New Westminster (by the SkyTrain Station). We expect Landmark Cinemas will offer something similar in 2020, but details are to be confirmed.
(Note: Featured movies and participating locations in 2019 were subject to change. See venue websites for the most up-to-date details.)
Click Landmark March Movie Break for more information.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver at Spring Break
- Vancouver for Children
- Vancouver’s March Calendar
- Free Activities in March
- Vancouver St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations
- Vancouver on a Budget
- Vancouver Rainy Day Activities
- Vancouver Movies & Cinemas
- Vancouver’s Shows & Entertainment Calendar