Metro Vancouver is home to a number of exceptional choirs and musical groups including Chor Leoni, the Vancouver Bach Choir and Vancouver Chamber Choir.
There are also many other fine choral groups, like the Vancouver Welsh Men’s Choir, plus organizations like the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra.
Vancouver Music Organizations
Top professional choirs, choral ensembles and other musical performing groups in Vancouver include the following:
- Vancouver Bach Choir
- Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
- Chor Leoni Men’s Choir
- Vancouver Chamber Choir
- Vancouver Opera
- Pacific Baroque Orchestra
Some of the Lower Mainland’s exceptional and highly recommended amateur choirs include the following:
- Vancouver Oratorio Choir – a large choir of Christian vocalists and musicians.
- Vancouver Welsh Men’s Choir – a large male voice choir.
- VOC Soul Gospel Choir – a large choir specializing in Soul and Gospel let by accomplished musician Checo Tohomaso.
- Good Noise Vancouver Gospel Choir – the choir in residence at Christ Church Anglican Cathedral.
- Marcus Mosley Chorale – a choral group with over 60 members and led by the very accomplished Marcus Mosley.
- City Soul Choir – a secular community choir with over 100 members and led by music director Brian Tate.
- Top Line Vocal Collective – a 40-member non-denominational vocal ensemble that singes a range of pop, rhythm & blues, soul and gospel.
- Universal Gospel Choir – Vancouver’s longest-running community-based gospel choir with 60+ members.
For a list of upcoming performances, see individual choir websites or check out Vancouver’s Shows & Entertainment Calendar.
Other events and special performances you might be interested in include the following:
- Vancouver Summer Festival – a series of concerts featuring a variety of composers in July and August. (Note: This event was formerly known as the Vancouver Bach Festival.)
- Odlum Brown Fort Langley Jazz & Arts Festival – an event featuring art and Jazz concerts in Fort Langley in the summer.
- Vancouver International Jazz Festival – a large music festival in late June and early July that features a number of choirs along with a wide assortment of jazz bands and performers.
- Symphony in the Park – a free performance by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra at Deer Lake Park in early July.
- Yule Duel: Caroling for a Cause – an outdoor event featuring close to two dozen choirs in early December in downtown Vancouver.
Many festive winter season concerts take place throughout the Lower Mainland in December each year as well. Click Vancouver Christmas Concerts for more details.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Entertainment in Vancouver
- Shows & Entertainment Calendar
- Vancouver Festivals and Events
- Vancouver Night Clubs
- Lower Mainland Theatre Venues and Companies