Chilliwack Ribfest is a new Greater Vancouver Food Truck Festival event in July. It features delicious ribs, live entertainment, a beer garden and more.
The event took place at Vedder Park in Chilliwack on the weekend of July 28th to 30th in 2023. The dates for the second annual event in 2024 are still to be confirmed.
There are three main Ribfest events in the Lower Mainland and the Chilliwack one is the newest. Another one is Port Moody Ribfest which takes place at Rocky Point Park in mid-July. Another one is Ribfest Langley which, in 2023, happened at McLeod Athletic Park on August 18th to 20th. All three are run by local Rotary Clubs and raise money for charitable projects. They are all lots of fun, family-friendly and include both live entertainment and adult refreshments.
The Greater Vancouver Food Truck Festival hosts a number of food truck-related events in the Lower Mainland. The organization is helping the local Rotary Club run Chilliwack Ribfest.
To learn more about the event in Chilliwack at the end of July, either continue reading or click Chilliwack RibFest.
Chilliwack Ribfest in 2023
The first ever Chilliwack Ribfest event happened in the summer of 2023. It’s a new annual event presented by the Greater Vancouver Food Truck Festival and Rotary Club of Chilliwack.
Chilliwack Ribfest is a family-friendly event with activities for all ages. The main area of the event is where you’ll find vendors selling barbequed ribs. There are other food trucks on-site selling snacks, lunch and dinner items as well. In addition to a variety of tasty foods, Chilliwack Ribfest also features a stage with live entertainment and a beer garden for adults.
Hours and Location
In 2023 the inaugural Chilliwack Ribfest event ran from Friday, July 28th, until Sunday, July 30th. Hours on the Friday were from 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm. On the Saturday the event took place from 11:00 am until 9:00 pm, and on the Sunday it was on from 11:00 am until 8:00 pm.
The festival happens at Vedder Park at 45450 Petawawa Road in Chilliwack. The park is on the Chilliwack River in the southern region of the community, about 10 minutes by car from Cultus Lake Provincial Park.
Admission to Chilliwack Ribfest is by donation. Tickets are available online and the suggestion donation per person is $10. You can also just show up and donate at the gate. Some of the proceeds go to the Rotary Club of Chilliwack which does great work in both the local community and around the world. Be generous and enjoy all the festival has to offer!
For tickets and full details about the event, see the official Chilliwack RibFest website.
Featured rib vendors at the 2023 festival were listed below.
- Boss Hogs
- Gator BBQ
- Guerilla Q
- Prairie Smoke
- Smoke Dem Bones
Other food available on-site includes hot dogs and donairs. There’s also popcorn, ice cream, corn on the cob and more for sale.
Chilliwack Ribfest features all sorts of live entertainment. DJs, musicians and singers all hit the stage throughout the weekend. The entertainment schedule for the 2023 festival is below. Exact details, however, were subject to change.
Friday, July 28th
- 4:00 pm – Jada Mackenzie Moore
- 5:30 pm – DJ Tony
- 7:00 pm – Whiskey Blind
Saturday, July 29th
- 11:00 am – DJ Tony
- 1:30 pm – The Limit
- 2:30 pm – DJ Tony
- 3:30 pm – The Limit
- 4:30 pm – DJ Tony
- 6:00 pm – Duane Watson Band
Sunday, July 30th
- 11:00 am – Dani Black
- 12:30 pm – DJ Tony
- 1:30 pm – Steve Marriott
- 3:00 pm – DJ Tony
- 5:00 pm – Whiskey Blind
Other Events in Chilliwack
Chilliwack is full of amazing places. There is a lot of farmland in the region, and beautiful parks, but also interesting shops, restaurants and a museum in town. Chilliwack also hosts a number of terrific events throughout the year. Other great events to consider attending this summer and fall include the following:
- Chilliwack Mural Fest – murals, tours and other activities in downtown Chilliwack that happened on August 10th, 11th and 12th in 2023.
- Timbersports National Championships – a major logging sports event at the Chilliwack Coliseum that was on from August 12th to 13th in 2023.
- Chilliwack Fair & Rodeo – a country fair in Chilliwack on the second weekend in August. In 2023 it ran from August 11th to 13th.
- Chilliwack Pride Festival – a large LGBTQ+ event in downtown Chilliwack. In 2023 it happened on August 19th.
- Chilliwack Flight Fest – an airplane-themed community event at the Chilliwack Airport which happened on August 19th and 20th in 2023.
- Chilliwack Corn Maze – a corn maze and child-friendly activities at Greendale Acres Farm. It usually starts up for the season in early to mid-August.
- Chilliwack Sunflower Festival – acres of beautiful sunflowers at a farm in the late summer.
- Reapers Maze of Terror – a serious Halloween attraction at Fantasy Farms in October.
- Petey’s Pumpkin Patch – a corn maze, pumpkin patch and family-friendly activities at Fantasy Farms in October.
Other events to check out in the summer in the Fraser Valley include the following (both of which take place in Abbotsford):
- Symphony in the Park – a free concert at Mill Lake Park that happened on August 18th in 2023.
- Abbotsford Summer Flower Festival – fields of sunflowers and other summer flowers at Lakeland Flowers.
Places of interest to check out when you’re in Chilliwack are listed below. Also, while in the area, be sure to pick up some fresh Fraser Valley corn and other farm produce. Also, gas is usually about 10 cents or so cheaper than in Metro Vancouver, so don’t forget to fill up too!
- Atchelitz Threshermen’s Association Museum – a historical site that’s also called “Pioneer Village.” It’s open on Saturdays as well as a couple of other days each week in the summer.
- Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve – an area of wetlands with birds, other wildlife and walking trails next to the Vedder River.
- Bridal Veil Falls – a small provincial park with a waterfall located 15 minutes east Chilliwack.
- Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park – a provincial park with camping facilities just under 50 kilometres east of Chilliwack.
- Cultus Lake Provincial Park – one of the Lower Mainland’s most popular parks with overnight camping facilities.
For more information about the barbeque-themed event in July, visit the Chilliwack Ribfest website.
To learn more about other similar food truck-themed events, see our article about the Greater Vancouver Food Truck Festival.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Port Moody Ribfest
- Ribfest Langley
- Chilliwack Rotary Christmas Parade
- Vancouver on a Budget
- July Calendar of Events