For the fair’s official website, visit pne.ca.
SAVE OVER 50% WITH PROMO CODE VBP23!
Want to get tickets to the PNE Fair for half price or less? You can if you use the promo code VBP23 when buying your tickets online for a group of four people. Instead of paying $20 per adult online (or $25 at the gate), you can pay just $40 for your group of four, which is just $10 per person!
This is a fabulous deal! Even if you only go with a group of three people and don’t use the fourth ticket, you’ll still be saving yourself some money – more than enough to buy a bag of mini donuts or one of the PNE’s 2023 $10 food deals!
Note: You can’t use this promo code offer with previously purchased tickets and it can’t be combined with other offers.
Again, if you use the promo code VBP23 you can purchase four gate passes for just $40. To get this deal, click PNE Special Offer to purchase your tickets.
The 2023 PNE Fair
The PNE Fair is a big end-of-summer event each year. There are PNE events in other seasons, but the summer fair is by far the biggest. It runs for a couple of weeks at the end of August and into the beginning of September.
In 2023 the fair goes from August 19th to September 4th. For full details on every part of the PNE, check out our Pacific National Exhibition article or visit the official pne.ca website. For details specifically about the 2023 summer fair, continue reading below.
Location and Admission
The PNE takes place in Hastings Park at 2901 East Hastings Street. The fair is open from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm daily from August 19th to September 4th in 2023. The only two days it’s closed are the Mondays of August 21st and 28th.
Admission price at the gate in 2023 is $25 for adults (19+), $16 for seniors and teenagers, and $9 for children between the ages of 4 and 12. To go on the Playland rides guests must also buy a ride pass which is either $44 or $55 depending on which rides they want to go on.
Tickets purchased online in advance cost a few dollars less than ones purchased at the gate. That is the case for both general fair admission and the ride passes.
One of the highlights of the PNE Fair each year is the Summer Concert Series. Tickets for the special night concerts are separate from general admission and can range from around $25 to close to $100 depending on the artist and seat location.
Below is the concert schedule for 2023.
- Saturday, August 19th, 2023 – TLC
- Sunday, August 20th, 2023 – Boyz II Men
- Tuesday, August 22nd, 2023 – Tenille Townes
- Wednesday, August 23rd, 2023 – Boney M ft. Maizie Williams
- Thursday, August 24th, 2023 – Yung Gravy & bbno$
- Friday, August 25th, 2023 – Billy Talent
- Saturday, August 26th, 2023 – AQUA
- Sunday, August 27th, 2023 – Billy Idol
- Tuesday, August 29th, 2023 – Pink Martini ft. China Forbes
- Wednesday, August 30th, 2023 – Doug and the Slugs with the VSO
- Thursday, August 31st, 2023 – Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo
- Friday, September 1st, 2023 – Jason Derulo
- Saturday, September 2nd, 2023 – Stars of Drag
- Sunday, September 3rd, 2023 – Walk off the Earth
- Monday, September 4th, 2023 – Blue Rodeo: 30 Years In July
Revel District Concerts
In addition to the main stage, there are other live musicians that play throughout the day. These concerts feature more local bands and are included with general fair admission. Below are the artists performing in the Revel District in 2023.
- For the Love of Drag – every day of the fair at 4:30 and 6:00 pm
- John Welsh & Los Valientes – August 19th, 20th and 22nd at 1:30 and 2:30 pm
- Trilojay – August 19th, 20th and 22nd at 7:30 and 10:00 pm
- Coco Jafro – August 23rd to 25th at 1:30 and 2:30 pm
- Rain City 6 – August 23rd to 25th at 7:30 and 10:00 pm
- Warren Dean Flandez – August 26th, 27th and 29th at 1:30 and 2:30 pm
- Tanner Olsen Band – August 26th, 27th and 29th at 7:30 pm and 10:00 pm
- The Whiskeydicks – August 30th to September 1st at 1:30 and 2:30 pm
- Side One – August 30th to September 1st at 7:30 and 10:00 pm
- The Paperboys 30th Anniversary – September 2nd to 4th at 1:30 and 2:30 pm
- Phonix Dance Band – September 2nd to 4th at 7:30 and 10:00 pm
Other Fair Events
The PNE has a lot to offer each year. There are daily exhibits and attractions throughout the park to enjoy. 2023’s list includes a public market with close to 100 vendors, canoe carving demonstrations from Indigenous artists, an Indigenous artisan market, cooking demonstrations, a huge number of baby farm animals, the Beyond Monet multimedia art exhibit and much more.
There are other special events during the fair as well. The schedule for those is as follows:
- 4-H Festival – a chance to learn a lot about agriculture, geared especially towards children and teenagers (August 19th to 22nd).
- Camp Cue Musical Theatre Camp – theatre workshops for youth that end with a performance on the Festival Park Stage (August 20th).
- The Best of the West Archery Competition – the top archers from five qualifying tours across the province compete for glory (August 26th & 27th).
- CircusWest at the PNE – anyone between the ages of 8 and 18 can participate in these circus act workshops (August 29th).
- Choir Choir Choir – a very interactive concert where the audience sings along with the performers (August 30th).
- Red Robinson’s Day – a celebration of the iconic local broadcaster Red Robinson (August 31st).
- Gotta Sing Gotta Dance Alumni Celebration – a reunion event for all those who have taken part in GSGD camps over the last three decades (September 1st).
PNE Prize Home Lottery
One of the big events each year at the fair is the PNE Prize Home Lottery. Tickets for the lottery are purchased online and there are multiple draws. Prizes to be won in 2023 include cars, cruise trips and thousands of dollars in cash. The grand prize is a $2.3 million home in Langley.
The last chance to buy tickets for the prize home is on September 4th. There are multiple draws for smaller prizes done in the build-up to the finale. There is also a 50/50 draw with tickets that are sold separately. In both 2021 and 2022, the 50/50 winner walked away with over $800,000!
There are nearly 30 rides available in the amusement park section of the PNE in 2023. They include old favourites like the Wooden Roller Coaster, the Hellevator and the Log Flume.
For guests who want to go on all the rides, the Thrill Pass is the must-purchase item. Those looking for the more kid-friendly rides can choose the Fun Pass which is around $10 cheaper.
For more details about all the rides, check out our Playland Rides article.
Other events hosted by the Pacific National Exhibition include the following:
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver Events in August
- Vancouver Events in September
- Labour Day Long Weekend Events
- PNE Night Concerts
- Festival Food at the PNE