There is a lot happening in Vancouver over the Remembrance Day weekend in 2017 including various winter markets and November 11th parades and ceremonies.
November Long Weekend
The Remembrance Day Long Weekend in 2017 runs from November 11th until the 13th with Remembrance Day itself taking place on the Saturday.
Below is a list of what’s happening in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland over the weekend including Remembrance Day ceremonies, craft and winter markets, and other events and activities.
For a list of November 11th events at specific locations throughout the region, click Lower Mainland Remembrance Day Venues.
Remembrance Day Events
There are lots of Remembrance Day parades and ceremonies taking place in the Lower Mainland on November 11th. Some of the biggest and most impressive include the following:
- New Westminster – ceremonies and a parade in and around the Royal Westminster Regiment Armouries at the corner of Queens and Sixth Street as well as at Queens Avenue United Church.
- North Vancouver – the parade begins at the Armoury at 9:20 and the ceremonies take place at Victoria Park from 10:30 until 11:30 am.
- Richmond – a parade and ceremony starting at 10:20 am at the Cenotaph by Richmond City Hall at 6911 No. 3 Road. Click Richmond Remembrance Day Ceremony for more details.
- Surrey – ceremonies and family-friendly activities at the Cenotaph by the Surrey Museum in Cloverdale at 17710 56A Avenue from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- Vancouver – a parade and ceremony at the Victory Square Cenotaph at the corner of West Hastings and Cambie Street starting at 10 am.
In addition to the above, there are also over two dozen other Remembrance Day events taking place throughout the Lower Mainland in the morning of November 11th including on the North Shore, in Burnaby, the Fraser Valley and other places in Metro Vancouver.
For a more complete list of event venues and additional information click Vancouver Remembrance Day or the icon below.
Long Weekend Markets
A number of markets take place on the Remembrance Day long weekend including the following:
- Circle Craft Market – a Christmas market with over 300 Canadian artists and artisans at the Vancouver Convention Centre on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This is a great place to support local artists, get a start on your Christmas shopping and admire all kinds of crafty creations. (Note: On the Friday at 11 am there will be a moment of silence and then bagpipes played to commemorate the importance of the day.)
- Nat Bailey Winter Farmers Market – dozens of artisan and fresh produce vendors at Vancouver’s weekly Saturday market at Nat Bailey Stadium at 4601 Ontario Street from 10 am until 2 pm.
- Abbotsford Farmers Market – a farmers and artisan market in downtown Abbotsford between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm on Saturday.
- Hastings Park Winter Farmers Market – Vancouver’s weekly Sunday market at the Hastings Skatepark by the PNE between 10 am and 2 pm. Free parking and admission.
Other Weekend Events
Other events taking place on the Remembrance Day Weekend include the following Saturday events:
- Vancouver Welshmen’s Choir – VWMC and the Band of the 15th Field Regiment present “Songs of Remembrance” at South Delta Baptist Church at 1988 56th Street at 2:30 pm.
- Vancouver Giants Hockey – against Victoria at the Langley Events Centre at 7:00 pm.
- Vancouver Train Expo – a model train exhibition at the PNE Forum at 2901 East Hastings Street on November 11th and 12th.
Also on the November Long Weekend, but on the Sunday, are the following events:
- TEDxSFU – an SFU-sponsored conference that features local inspirational speakers at Granville Island between 10 am and 5 pm.
- Vancouver Giants Hockey – versus Edmonton at the Langley Events Centre.
- Circle Craft Market – a large Christmas artisan market at the Vancouver Convention Centre West at 1055 Canada Place from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Hastings Park Winter Farmers Market – between 10 am and 2 pm at Hastings Skatepark by the PNE.
- Cannery Farmers Market – a winter market at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery in Steveston Village from 10 am until 3 pm.
- Fall Classic Run – a 5 km, 10 km and half marathon race at UBC.
For other events taking place this month check out the November Calendar.
To see what’s happening next month see the December Calendar.