Dine Out Vancouver is Canada’s largest restaurant festival where in 2021 hundreds of restaurants put on special 3-course menus at great prices.
Some of the region’s best and most popular restaurants participate, and full set meals typically range in price from just $15 to $45 or so, plus taxes and tips, and extra for wine pairings.
In 2021 the event runs from February 5th until March 7th.
Below you’ll find information about participating restaurants in the following areas:
Vancouver’s Winter Restaurant Festival
In 2021 the festival runs from February 5th until the 7th of March.
Some of the best restaurants to check out during this year’s festival (or any time of the year) are listed below.
Note: Exact details are subject to change and may vary, so check restaurant websites for exact information.
2-FOR-1 RESTAURANT COUPONS!
Did you know that the Entertainment Coupon Book is full of 2-for-1 restaurant coupons that you can use at dozens of great Lower Mainland restaurants, including ones participating in the Dine Out Vancouver Festival? And you can use the coupons almost any day of the year (just not on major holidays). They are such a great deal, and the book is currently on sale at an exceptionally good price if you purchase it online!
Downtown Vancouver Restaurants
Great downtown Vancouver restaurants that are participating in the festival in 2021 include the following:
- Bacchus at the Wedgewood – a highly-rated French restaurant in the Wedgewood Hotel at 845 Hornby Street. Their 2021 festival menu costs $49 and features steelhead salmon, braised beef or a vegetarian pumpkin squash risotto.
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse – a fun place where they cook your meal in front of you at 1042 Alberni Street. The Dine Out Vancouver Festival dinner menu here in 2021 includes a choice of a teriyaki chicken & steak combination, teppan shrimp or hibachi NY steak for $45.
- Kokoro Tokyo Mazesoba – a Japanese noodle shop originating in Japan and now with locations in half a dozen countries including a restaurant in downtown Vancouver. It is offering $25 menu options including karaage (fried chicken or other meat) appetizers, a mazesoba main course (which is a soba noodle dish that’s not in a soup), and a Fuji cheese cupcake dessert. (Takeout is available at this restaurant.)
- Notch8 Restaurant & Bar – an upscale place at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver at 900 West Georgia Street. Their special $45 3-course dinner menu features a choice of braised lamb, steelhead trout or potato gnocchi dumplings.
- Top of Vancouver – a world-famous place located around the corner from Gastown in the Harbour Centre at 555 West Hastings Street. $54 dinner menu items here include a choice of Australian lamb shank, Arctic char or chicken gnocchi in pesto cream sauce.
Click Downtown Festival Restaurants for a more complete list of Dine Out Vancouver Festival restaurants in the downtown core, Coal Harbour, Gastown, Yaletown, English Bay and Robson Street.
Some of Vancouver’s best restaurants outside the city’s downtown core in 2021 include the following great places:
On Granville Island
- Dockside Restaurant – a casual fine dining establishment at 1253 Johnston Street on Granville Island. Their 3-course Dine Out Vancouver lunch menu costs $34 and their dinner menu costs $44. Main options include cioppino, Arctic char, beef short ribs or chicken salad. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
In Vancouver Parks
- Seasons in the Park – the fancy restaurant at the top of Queen Elizabeth Park has $44 lunch and dinner options in 2021 that include a choice of NY striploin steak, lingcod or vegetarian gnocchi entrées. (TIP: If going for lunch, and if it’s a nice day, be sure to check out the park while you’re there. Both lunch and dinner menus are available for takeout as well.)
- Stanley Park Brewing – the new restaurant is located near the pitch and putt and tennis courts in Stanley Park. Lunch and dinner deals cost just $23 this year and include a maple pork belly appetizer along with a calamari burger and peanut butter brownie. (TIP: Be sure to explore Stanley Park if the weather permits. Walking or biking along the Seawall is always a treat.)
Other Vancouver Locations
- Provence Marinaside – at 1177 Marinaside Crescent in Yaletown facing False Creek. Lunch and dinner menu specials are $49 and include a choice of seafood bouillabaisse, mushroom ravioli, beef fillet or rabbit tagliatelle.
- Romer’s Restaurant – located at 8683 Kerr Street by the Neighbourhood Centre at River District Vancouver, the popular casual restaurant is offering a $30 3-course meal that includes a choice of 7 oz. Canadian steak, chicken parmesan or steelhead trout.
- Sula Indian Restaurant – a reasonably-priced East Indian place at 1128 Commercial Drive that offers $30 lunch and dinner menus that include a choice of lamb kadai, chicken curry, kadai paneer (which is gluten free) or potato and channa masala.
Click The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Restaurants for more great places to eat at any time of the year.
Best North Shore Restaurants
North Vancouver Restaurants
- Arm’s Reach Bistro – at 4390 Gallant Avenue in Deep Cove, this place offers great food in a beautiful part of town. Their 2021 Dine Out Vancouver Festival dinner menu costs $38 and includes a choice of either malai cashew curry or tagine chicken. (Takeout is available.)
- Bravo Cucina Ristorante – a North Vancouver Italian restaurant at 1209 Lonsdale Avenue (so halfway up the hill). In 2021 they have a lunch menu for $25 and a dinner menu for $35. Some entrée options are veal cannelloni, risotto, red snapper, or spaghetti Bolognese. (Both menus are available for takeout.)
- Fishworks – a highly-rated fish and seafood restaurant at 91 Lonsdale Avenue (so right by Lonsdale Quay and the Shipyards). Their $34 3-course dinner menu includes a choice of posh fish and chips or garganelli pesto steelhead, both of which come with a different BC wine. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
West Vancouver Restaurants
- Village Tap House – a good West Vancouver pub at 900 Main Street at the Park Royal Shopping Centre. Both lunch and dinner options this year are $25. Your entrée choices here are a cheeseburger with fries, mushroom pizza or macaroni and cheese, so a fairly typical pub-style fare. The meal also came though with your choice of a brussel sprout appetizer, soup or caesar salad, plus a sticky toffee pudding or white chocolate cheesecake for dessert. (Takeout is available.)
For comparison, for a list of restaurants participating in the festival from a few years ago, click 2016 North Shore Dining Festival Restaurants.
Best Restaurants in Burnaby
Some of the best restaurants that are participating in the 2021 Vancouver Dine Out Festival in Burnaby included the following:
- Hart House – at 6664 Deer Lake Avenue at Deer Lake Park. Dinner at this heritage building costs $42 and features a choice of duck leg, beet farroto or Arctic char.
Best Restaurants in New Westminster
Popular New Westminster restaurants that are participating in the 2021 festival include the following:
- El Santo – an upscale Mexican restaurant at 680 Columbia Street. 2021 menu entrées include a choice of braised pork cheek, short rib or Chile relleno. Three-course dinner deals cost $36 (and the menu is available for takeout).
Best Restaurants in Richmond
Great 2021 Dine Out Vancouver Restaurants in Richmond include the following:
- The Keg Steakhouse – the 11151 No. 5 Road location of this popular chain restaurant has 3-course dinners for $50. The place is located near SilverCity Riverport Cinemas and not far from the International Buddhist Temple. Our favourite option is the prime rib, but the salmon and steaks are also exceptional. (Takeout is available at this location.)
- Yokohama Teppanyaki Japanese Restaurant – in Steveston Village at 12251 No. 1 Road. The lunch and dinner options in 2021 are $39 and they include a choice of New York steak, filet mignon, lobster, or sashimi. (The lunch and dinner menus are available for takeout.)
Click RICHMOND‘s Best Restaurants for more dining venues any time of the year.
Best Restaurants in Surrey
2021 Dine Out Vancouver Festival restaurants in Surrey include the following:
- Afghan Kitchen – a highly-rated restaurant at 16120 24th Avenue in Central Surrey near the Morgan Crossing shopping centre. The 3-course lunch specials here are just $15 and the dinner specials are $24. Entrée options include chicken qorma, chicken kebabs, mantu, lentil stew, and more. (TIP: Show your Aeroplan membership card and get a complimentary glass of wine. Takeout is also available.)
- The Keg – the popular steakhouse has Surrey locations at 15180 32nd Avenue Diversion and 7948 120th Street. Both are offering $50 dinner specials. Salmon, steak (12 oz. sirloin), seafood sirloin (6 oz.) and prime rib (14 oz.) are all on the menu. (The dinner menu is available for takeout.)
If you are in town in late January or the first weekend in February, then you’ll definitely want to know about the Dine Out Vancouver Festival – there is no better time or way to enjoy all the culinary talent that Vancouver has to offer. Plus, this is also a great time of year to stay in the region, as not only are there exceptional restaurant deals on offer, but some hotels participate too, offering attractive packages at reduced rates.
The weather is far from its best in January, but the festival’s restaurants and hotels price specials make up for that.
Click Dine Out Vancouver Festival for the event’s official website to learn more. On the site you can search for restaurants by region and learn about some of the festival’s other special events.
For a list of special places to check out, click Dine Out Vancouver Restaurants with a View.
For other best places to eat and drink throughout the Lower Mainland, including those not participating in the Dine Out Vancouver Festival, check out the following:
- BURNABY’s Best Restaurants
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- NORTH VANCOUVER’s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- SURREY‘s Best Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER’s Best Restaurants